Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deadline monitoring ques.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friends,

I have two queries.

1. I want collective deadline for 2-3 dialogue steps (in current case they are in succession). How can I so that?

2. For one single dialoge step, I want deadline to be defined dynamically. Like if condition is A, deadline is 1 day, if B, deadline is 3 days and so on. How can I achieve that?

Your replies will be highly appriciated.

Regards,

Arpit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Jocelyn_Dart
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Arpit,

Deadine date and time can be set using an expression - i.e. you calculate your deadline date and time up front, put them into workflow container elements, and then use the "expression" option on the deadline tab to assign the deadline to the calculated date and time.

You can see this option easily enough on the deadline tabs of any workflow step.

Each workflow step can have multiple deadlines (requested start, requeseted end, latest end) but these always refer to the whole dialog step.

So for

1. Just calculate the deadline date/time in advance, put it in the workflow container, and pass the same deadline date/time to all the steps. Alternative you could put the steps in a subflow and assign the deadline to the subflow.

2. Same approach, calculate the deadline in advance and pass it to the dialog step. I assume the conditions are known in advance? Of course it would not make any sense to assign different deadlines to the possible outcomes of a single step as that would be equivalent to removing possible outcomes over time.

Regards,

Jocelyn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jocelyn,

Thanks for you earnest reply. I already have deadline as expresion as date and time for expression are coming from container itself. I am giving you an overview of how my workflow is working and why I need conditional deadlines.

I have an object which stores alerts. Each alert has date and time of its creation (which will be used in deadline expression). Now we cannot give increment time as expression( like =5 mins etc). Also each alert has a risk impact associated to it. Now what I need is if risk imp is Low deadline shd be +1 day, but if it is high it shd be + 1 hrs.

Also I have a decision and one dialoge activity step. Now do I need to assign deadline to both or only assigning to activity step will solve the purpose? If not then how can I assign common deadline to both ( can I use block)

Thanks again for replying

Regards,

Arpit

Jocelyn_Dart
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Arpit,

Good that you have understood expressions.

You are correct that you cannot enter the increment time as an expression.

However you can always calculate the real deadline time ( e.g. in a previous step) from your base time + your alert time, and then use that for the deadline date/time expression.

The increment time can then just be left empty or set to a dummy value which is the same for all of your deadlines, e.g. + 1 minute.

As I suggested in my previous reply, if you want a deadline over multiple steps, a good way is to put all of the steps involved in a subflow, and put the deadlines against the subflow. The steps within the subflow should then inherit the deadlines from the subflow at runtime.

Regards,

Jocelyn