cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DDIC Domain values table is not displaying as F4 help for Data Objects in New Version(NW 731, SP07)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

DDIC Data elements - domain value table is not showing as F4 help for BRFplus data objects in new version(NW 731 SP 07) system. Is that a Bug or restriction. I have checked it in two different system of same version.

The F4 help is only displaying, if the data element has any search help at data element level or Domain has fixed values. If the data element does not have any search help but has a domain value table then its not displaying F4 help.

Why the value table values are not displaying as F4 help?

Can we provide custom value help for the data objects that are bound to DDIC data elements?

Thanks

Srinu Marapureddi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

carsten_ziegler
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you post more details, ideally screenshots of the technical definition of the domain and the domains value list?

I am not aware of a change. Instead the Business Partner and BI Infoobject data elements are supported, too. Maybe the domain has changed.

Pls also check out this document.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Carsten,

I am working on SAP NW 7.31. for one of my decision table I have created a data element and bound it to data dictionary element 'LAND1'.

Ideally it should give the values from table T005 as F4 value list. But I am getting the following message while entering the values in decision table.

The data element uses a conversion routine. The internally used value probably differs from the displayed value.

I checked the data element in SE11 and found that there is no conversion routine used.

You can find the screen shot of the BRFplus data element attached herewith.

Thanks a lot!

Regards,

Pradeep

carsten_ziegler
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I could not reproduce this problem on our systems. Probably it was a bug that got corrected at some point. But I also was not able to find a note that would fit. Therefore, I ask you to create an OSS message and have someone from SAP support identify the correct note (or SP).