cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DB Connect for SQL on Unix Platform for BI 7.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

My requirement is to extarct the data from MS SQL to BI on HP-UNIX server with Oracle data base. I have seen in lots of posts that we need have atleast one Windows App.server to install DBSL and DB client on BI. But I have checked the BI System configurations in some fo the my previous clients, they have exact same config. as mine. They are using DB Connect without any issues. My basis team says that its not possible. Would anyone please update me on that. I have checked the system config. in system menu-->status. BI sytem config. of mine are:

DB: Oracle,

Release: 10.2.0.2.0

BI 2004s,

Patch 14,

External DB: MS SQL.

I apprecaite your answers with points, thanks in advance.

Regards

Baba

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Olivier,

Thanks for your quick response, but the SAP note 178949, which explains:

It's desired to make a connection to a SQL Server database running on a server different from the R/3 server.

Prerequisite: At least one Windows application server must be available on the R/3 system and the DBSL dynamic library (DLL) dbmssslib.dll must be installed on this server. This dll can be downloaded from the SAP Service Marketplace.

NOTE: Currently this DBSL library is only available for the Microsoft Windows Operating System. UNIX application servers cannot be used to connect to a remote MS SQL Server.

Would you please send me the extra steps to follow to establish the connection to MS SQL with Unix App. server. Thanks and apprecaite your help.

Regards

Baba.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Olivier,

If you have any document Would you please mail me which explains about this concepts. So that I can convience the basis team, if I say without any document than they will not accept that. If you can fwd any helpful doc on this that will be great, tahnks for your time and help. Mail id akr2754@yahoo.com

Regards

Baba

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

but what more than the help from SAP (<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/58/54f9c1562d104c9465dabd816f3f24/frameset.htm">Transferring Data Using DB Connect</a>) do your basis group need?

Just ask them install the DBSL on the application server, of course in developpment....

the "DBSL installation" is nothing else than "uncaring" a file to a specific folder...

In my case, I didn't even had to restart the SAP instance, it worked properly as soon as the file was in the folder.

Of course you need to stop and restart the SAP instance to ensure everything is working fine...

hope this helps...

Olivier.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

your basis team group is kidding you.... you don't need a Win app server to install DBSL...

Go to the marketplace, downloads, Support Packages and Patches,

SAP NetWeaver, SAP NETWEAVER, SAP NETWEAVER 2004S

Entry by Component, Application Server ABAP

Then SAP KERNEL 7.00 64-BIT I guess

HP-UX on IA64 64bit (I guess)

Oracle

Ask your Basis Group to install the file "lib_dbsl_115-20001024.sar" on your machine...

This should make it

hope this helps...

Olivier.

Message was edited by:

Olivier Cora

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Would anyone help me in this issue, its urgent. I apprecaite your help and time.

Regards

Satish Arra.