cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Date prompt is not enabling in Query browse while developing dashboard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I'm facing with a issue in developing dashboard, I need your support to solve this.

I'm developing a dashboard on top Query Browser, we are creating query on the basis of universe i.e unx format. In universe, while creating some measures we have given prompt values by default, that means while we refresh the the query directly it asks for the prompt (the prompt is date). Creation of query is completed and it is running successfully, given a cell as a destination for trigger cell.

After completing the query creation we need to Insert measures in spreadsheet right, I have mapped every cell in spread sheet.

But for the prompt value also we need to Insert in spreadsheet, so while trying to insert that value in spread sheet the symbol is not enabling(For reference PFA). In the attachment the issue is highlighted with red box.

Will be waiting for your response.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks & Regards

---------------------------

Karthik M

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

Dashboards 4.0 user guide states "There are three ways to enter prompt values: with a "Query Prompt Selector" component, by binding the prompt to the embedded spreadsheet, or by insertion by other components.Once the values have been entered by one way, the other two ways are disabled"

http://help.sap.com/businessobject/product_guides/boexir4/en/xi4sp5_dashD_user_en.pdf

If you are already using query prompt selector,  the spreadsheet option would be disabled.

Thanks

Mallik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dashboard version that I'm using is 6.0.5.0

sapanesh_agnihotri
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

Propmt is created on Univers or on Dashboard?

What is the DB backend?

Thanks,
Sapanesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sapnesh,

Thanks for response.

Prompt is created in Universe for all the measures, according to requirement once we refresh the report then the date prompt comes, we should select the date from universe it self,

For that date we have hard coded it, the date itself is not a object.

DB is Ingress.

Please suggest me in this, thanks in advance.

sapanesh_agnihotri
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

If prompt is on univers you should use "query prompt selector" component.

just drag n drop the promt i ncanvas.

Thanks,
Sapanesh