cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Date Format for Language

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

is there any possibility to customize the default date format for the portal for the languages?

When I set the user language to EN, date format for EN is default MM/dd/yyyy. I would like to have dd MMM yyyy (like 12 Aug 2005).

Thanks in advance

balop

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

guru_subramanianb
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi peter,

I thought you wanted to change the date format in the webdynpo implementation(coding).Now I got what you wanted ie date in ur reqd format from the picker UI itself.

I really dont see much support in Webdynpro Date picker UI as of now for ur requirement.

Anyway thanks for giving me a good question to think )

Rdgs,

G

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

Were you able to solve the date format problem.

I need to do exactly similar in my PDK application.

Regards,

Vivek

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

guru_subramanianb
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Jus a suggestion.After getting the input form the Datepicker UI store the date in a date field then use the methods in simple date format to get to ur required format.

Rdgs,

G

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks again,

I do not understand how does it solve our problem?

We have input field, which is connected to the context attribute with single dictionary type based on type date with our custom external representation format.

It means on the screen you can click on calender icon on the right side of input field and then the calender pops out. Then you select the date and the date is transferred

to the input field. but the format of the date is according to portal default setting for the language of the user logged to the portal and not in our format defined at external representation of our type.

And we need our own format.

cheers

Peter Balaz

guru_subramanianb
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In your portal application you can achieve this programatically.Refer java docs and use SimpleDateFormat class for the same.You have well defined methods which serves ur needs.

http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/api/index.html

Rdgs,

Guru

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the answer,

it does not solve our problem because we need it in our web dynpro applications for the date picker for date input field to deliver the date in the right format.

Peter B.