Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Date format DD/MM/YYYY

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I'm using Ep6.0 Sp9.

I have problem changing the default format of the date from dd/mm/yyyy hh:mm:ss to dd/mm/yyyy.

if anyone has a idea other than changing the cm_created and cm_modified Type from Timestamp to Date (Because it doesn't work).

Thanks ahead,

Yoav

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

detlev_beutner
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Yoav,

nice that you changed the forum - but why don't you trust me? We had this topic this morning and obviously it is a bug. Please, open an OSS message!

If you need to correct it on your own, you will have to decompile the property renderer and debug it on your own.

Best regards

Detlev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Detlav,

it is nothing personly.

I'll open an oss midwhile i'm givving the froum a chance.

Yours,

Yoav

detlev_beutner
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Yoav,

OK, then that way... Decompile PropertyRendererLastModified.class and replace the code fragment

result = WcmDateFormat.formatDateTime(property.getDateValue(), res.getContext());

by

result = WcmDateFormat.formatDate(property.getDateValue(), res.getContext());

Take this class and replace the original one. This is also the place where SAP should have checked against the type directive...

Hope it helps

Detlev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again,

where can i find it? and how do i recompile?

Thanks ,

Yoav

detlev_beutner
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Yoav,

type "where can i find it" into the search (forum) and choose the 4th result ("Where I can find JAR ???") ...

How to recompile? First decompile, put it into a new Java project within NWDS, add all build pathes needed, and as soon everything is there, also the class file exists in parallel.

After having changed the code, take the new class and replace the old one within the jar (by using WinRAR for example). Restart the server and be happy

Alternatively, you could (re-)create the whole portal application where the class is in, but this is much more work. The advantage would be that you could really deploy the portal app afterwards without restarting the server.

Hope it helps

Detlev

Answers (0)