cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Date convertion function in BPS layout

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

At the user's request, I have created a key figure with date type "date". The purpose of this is to allowed the user can input the date for each of the material displayed at the BPS layout.

when I use the listcube to display the date key figure, I notice that it is not display as the regular date instead it has benn converted to a number for example 01/12/2005 is dispaly as 731,959. when I delete the date from the layout and save it,now the cube has add a 731,959- record. this is comply with how the infocube deal with ket figure data.

There should be an function which convert the date 01/10/2005 to 731.595 in the BPS back end, anybody know the function name.

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I use the "date" as my data type when I define my key figure. Now the user exit succefully get the resule date but it can not pass back to BPS layout because it did not convert back to interial format of date. after I running the user exit, the date column become blank.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi JW,

If you simply want to generate a new date from an existing one, there are several options using only FOX. But again, maybe you want to look at the original intention of the application and your data modelling options before researching into this specific issue.

William

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to do some kind of caculation in my user exit, for example 04/12/2005 plus 30 day and pass 04/12/2005 back to the BPS layout.

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi JW,

There are these FM, but I am not sure if are the ones you are lookign for:

CONVERSION_EXIT_INVDT_INPUT

CONVERSION_EXIT_INVDT_OUTPUT

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi JW,

In your Key Figure definition, is your Data Type Date with DEC or DATS ? May be DATS would help you...

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is it that you are trying to achieve?

William