cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Datastore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I`ve an input form with different input fields. Is it possible to store the values which were typed into the input fields by a user for later use? Like a variant where a user can chosse his variant so that his values were automatically send back to the input fields?

Thanks for help!

Kind Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sven,

You will not create a variant in Bex,

the datastore will be used to store some parameters in the Visual Composer application you can pass those parameters to any service or UI in the visual composer as long as you are in the same application.

Regards,

Sami

dont forget to reward points if usefull

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sven,

One option to provide the functionality you are after requires a little programming.

You can either create a web service on the portal, or a remote function module on R3 backend with a custom table to save the userid, parameter name and value.

The web service or rFM would allow you to save the values to the table or retrieve the values back.

Within VC, you can use this to pre-load the datastore on startup. you can either automatically save the datastore items to the tablle or use a save button to initiate the save.

We have used this from our java based portal applications and also use it in our WebDynpro ABAP applications to personalize the portal for the user. We haven't yet created one for VC, but it should work similiarly.

Best Regards,

Mark

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sven,

I was taking a look to this your thread and I wonder if you could help on that.

I actually need to use the same kind of functionality to attend to a request from an user in Visual Composer.

Please could you tell me if you got success to use the suggestions mentioned by the colleagues below ?

If so, please could you send some steps on how to create this in VC ? It would be very appreciated,

Thank you in advance and Kind Regards

Kalil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok. If I understand you correct so it is not possible to create a variant like in BEx? Is that right?

Thanks!

Kind Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sven,

Yes you can store them as long as you are in the same session pnce the application is closed or timed out the data is lost.

Regards,

Sami

dont forget to reward points if usefull

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sami is currect .We can save the data in Data store and we can use it in that application and not for reusibility of end user

Regards,

Govindu