cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DataSource Migration Inconsistence

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

we tried a datasource migration on our test-system. Everything worked fine.

Then we tried to restore the 3.x datasource. An error occured (shortdump). After that there seem to be both datasources 3.x and 7.0. When I want to load data i got the message: No transfer structure active.

When i want to generate the transfer structure via RS_TRANSTRU_ACTIVATE_ALL the systems tells me that both objects (ISFS und RSDS ; 3.x and 7.0) exists at the same time.

How can I repair this inconsistence? Any idea?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi D H,

Before migrating the data source,please follow the below steps.

1.First you need to migrate the update rules to transformation and activate the transformation.

2. Migrate the data source

Please check the OSS note 1052648

Regards,

Shilpa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Qustion:

When i want to generate the transfer structure via RS_TRANSTRU_ACTIVATE_ALL the systems tells me that both objects (ISFS und RSDS ; 3.x and 7.0) exists at the same time.

Sol: When you do restore Restore 3.x data source, after that you will have both the flows (ISFS und RSDS ; 3.x and 7.0) in your BW system, but your Data source will only availabe in 3.x version, so that is not a problem....

Please do the following steps and start loading,

1. Initially goto transaction SE38, Run the program RSDS_DATASOURCE_ACTIVATE_ALL. Give your Datasource name, and source system and check the check box for "Only Inactive objects".

This will actiavate the given datasource.

1. Replicate the datasource in RSA1.
  2. Try to schedule the infopackage for the datasource which you have activated now.
  3. IF infopackage runs through, Repeat the process for all datasources ie uncheck the check box, which means it will activate all datasources for the source system.

Kind Regards,

B Venugopal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Activate the update rules from the Business content.

There are some steps of migration which needs to follow for migration of data flow. We needs to migrate transfer rules first before migrating data source, it will copy all transformation mappings as well as routines from transfer rule to newly created transformation.

If you migrate data source first, then you will lose transfer rules.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/00d94ca8-9538-2c10-9b99-859afde1f...

Regards,

Aravind.