Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SAP Community Downtime Scheduled for This Weekend

DataSource-Infocube

former_member188325
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have infocube name and now i need to know the datasources mapped to it.These details i need to get from R/3 system.(not from BW system)

regards

murali.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In almost all cases for standard cubes, the Info source name is nothing but name of the DS. So find out the Info sources being used for the cube data population. You can find them 1) by activating the cube with data flow before or 2) from help.sap.com site.

With rgds,

Anil Kumar Sharma .P

former_member188325
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

Thnaks for u r reply.But u didnt get me.I just wanted to know the datasources (business content or generis) assigned to a particular Infoprovider (here i know only Infoprovider name) from r/3 system.Is there any Tcode or table in R/3?

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The information regarding Data targets is not at all available in R/3 side.So you can not find the DS in R/3 just by knowing the Data target name.

With rgds,

Anil Kumar Sharma .P

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi CMD,

I'm not sure if i got to right. But to my understanding you can get your data source name from your infosource.

What do you want to know from R/3 side?

Regards,

Rohini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi rohini,

by knowing Infoprovider name,will we able to know the datasources assigned to it? ...in r/3 system...not from BW system.hope its clear now.

regards

Message was edited by: Rakesh A

Message was edited by: Rakesh A

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh,

Yes, you can know it.

Go to the infosource of your data target and there you can see the data source name. Mostly infosource name and data source are same.

Regards,

Rohini

Former Member
0 Kudos

no cmd, u cannot find out what cubes are fed from what datasources in r/3. only in bw system u can right click on the cube and say "show data flow".

hope this was what u were asking.

Message was edited by: Ravi Raj

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi CMD,

Update the post if your issue is solved.

Regards,

Rohini

former_member188325
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i am closing this post.As anil said there is no way to find out the same from r/3 system.Thanks for u r responses.

regards

murali.