cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DataSource holds data?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am a bit confused. The data source in R3 for example, holds data itself or is it just an interface?

I mean when I fill setup table, with data from the tables in R3, and then try rsa3 (extractor checker), the data

are filled in the data source or is there a separate table somewhere and the data source is only a kind of an interface?

I always thought the info package will transport the data from the data source into bw

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For Logistics extractor there are setup table maintain to fill up the data for initialization. DataSource does not hold any data. It's only interface to extract data. Setup table is filled up with data from different application table.

Edited by: Pradeepkdas on Oct 25, 2011 10:41 AM

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

R/3 data sources does not contain any data. They are like interfaces.. definition...data is stored in underlying tables..

If underlying tables are empty.... then nothing will appear in RSA3....but Logistic data sources behaves bit differently...data is stored in setup tables for initial loads to BW but once initial data is loaded to BW, data starts coming from underlying tables.

Hope this helps!

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Your understanding is correct Data source is nothing but just an interface between BI system and R/3 system. Which holds the meta data information regarding the type of extraction, extract structure and delta mechanism etc.

The actual data resides in underlying DB tables only.

Regards,

Durgesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

the setup table is a container, which is a copy of the originl table, when we check extract checker it shows the data in the data source. when you trigger the infopackage in bw then the data moves into bw. the data in the data source is already in data source in R3.

Edited by: Srikanth.T on Oct 25, 2011 10:40 AM