cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Database Growth on upgrade to EHP4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Basis Consultants

Hi! We have applied EHP4 on an existing EHP3 ABAP system. After the upgrade, we had noticed a significant change in the database size.

EHP3 - Source - Size :180 GB

EHP4 - Target - Size : 250 GB

The database is Oracle 10.2.0.4. for ECC 6.0 Unicode System.

To what parameters/factors do we account this database growth? Request your help...

Thanks & Regards

Sai

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is this the size of the database or the filled level?

It's normal the database will grow because you get added functionality (more source code, more tables etc.)

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Markus

Thank you for the reply. The figures are the filled level of the database.

I understand that there would be a database growth on every upgrade. Here it is around 70 GB and we are searching for an evidence to be provided that accounts for the additional Database Growth. Request you to help us with this.

Thank you in advance.

Regards

Sai

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you could have a look in transaction DBACOCKPIT and compare the table sizes of before and after...

Markus

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

This is normal for EHP upgrade...in our case database increased to 100 GB...

Thanks

sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the reply Sunny. I tried comparing the table sizes and that served the purpose.

Regards

Sai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I guess it is normal as we have also seen significant growth in database.

Have you deleted all the 700 related tables ?

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja

Thank you for your input. Can you help me with more information on deleting these 700 tables ( or tablespace ??? )

FYI we have not deleted the PSAP<Schema-ID>700 tablespace yet which is aroun 68 GB.

Thanks & Regards

Sai

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

If you will check your tablespaces with brtools..then tablespace PSAP<schema id>700 will be empty..you should delete this tablespace as all data will be present in PSAP<schema id>701..

you can find this in SAP EHP guide as well...you must delete PSAP<schema id>700 tablespace as it will free a lot space...

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We are at the planning stage for the EHP4 for ERP 6.0. I was told that 100 GB is required for the Shadow instance...

Does anybody know if the temporary tablespace(s) used by the Shadow instance is/are deleted or dropped by the EHP installer automactically or if a manual deletion is involved?

Thank you in advance.

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

According to the installation guide that is a "post processing" step and is done manually.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Markus,

Which install guide did you refer to?

Can you please insert that relevant text portion here or provide the link to that document. That will be greatly appreciated.

Bill

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Which install guide did you refer to?

The EHP4 installation guide.

I wonder that you're trying to get the eventualities and you have not read it

http://service.sap.com/instguides

--> SAP Business Suite Applications

--> SAP ERP

--> SAP ERP 6.0

--> SAP enhancement packages for SAP ERP 6.0

--> SAP enhancement package 4 for SAP ERP 6.0

Here you should read

Master Guide - SAP enhancement package 4 for SAP ERP 6.0

and use the link

Enhancement Package Installation on Existing SAP Systems in the lower corner and download the guide specific for your OS and database.

I highly recommend reading the FULL guide (and also the notes attached/mentioned) to avoid problems before, during and after the EHP installation.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much Markus!!!

It was very helpful.

Answers (0)