cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Database access error. Reason Premature end-of-message received while reading text data from network. Host program may have stopped responding or may be sending text data containing a partial character at the end. (FWB 00090)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I'm trying to install BO BI 4.1 SP5 on Linux RH 6.5 with Sybase ASE 15.7 SP 131.

I have installed DB on the server 1. I have chosen 8k pages and UTF8 as indicated in Guide.

Then I have installed SAP ASE Client on server 2 (using SYBASE ASE 15.7.0.131 RDBMS package).

Now, I'm trying to lauch BO installation but I have this error message when BO try to connect to CMS DB :

Database access error. Reason Premature end-of-message received while reading text data from network. Host program may have stopped

responding or may be sending text data containing a partial character at the end.

. (FWB 00090)

I found this post but I already have loacale.dat file whith EN_US.UTF-8, us_english, utf8 entry.

Can you help me?

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member188958
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I can't help with the BO BI side, but will comment on this from the ASE side.

This message is commonly the result of the client telling an ASE configured to use utf8 that it too is using utf8, but then sending text data that is encoded in a non-utfi8 character set (such as iso_1) and that data contains some characters that are not ASCII characters (i.e. byte values from 128..155).

Less common but still possible is that the client is sending actual utf8-encoded text data but the data contains an invalid byte sequence (i.e. the data is corrupt).

-bret

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi expert,

It seems that "deallocate first text page" DB option was the root cause.

When I set it to false, connection to CMS repository DB is OK. It works.

Regards

Answers (0)