cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Source Migration in BI 7.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

What is Migration , explian in detail about Data Source Migration in BI 7.0 ? How we can Migrate DS from 3.5 to 7.0 .

what is that With export and with out export and Direct Data Access and Real time data acquisition , how it will work ?

Plz explian in a detail manner, i will assign points for ur valuable answers.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reddy,

5). What is Realtime Data acquisition (RDA) and Direct data acess ?

RDA:

RDA is one of the new future introduced in BI 7.0. This is working based on Push and Pull mechanisum. if you model your loading process based RDA, it will update your data from source system not less than one minute i.e, when ever data posted at source system it will updated the same into BI targets. This is basically useful inorder to load upto date information and at the same time to view reports update.

RDA works based on "Demon" . This Demon process automatically update data from source system into BI targets at regular intervel given by user.

Direct data Acess:

This is also useful to load uptodate loads from source system by using DTP for direct data acess. This works same as that of Remote cube concept in 3.5. DTP for Dirdect data acess will update data to Virtula infoprovider. It means data not vissible in the targets but the same can view in the BEX reports.

Thanks & Regards,

Kotesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reddy,

Have you gone through answer given by me.

If you are satisfied about answer please assign points to me.

Thanks & Regards,

Kotesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

What is Compounding Key and Transactional Key in Lo cockpit, How it will work. importance of two keys.where we can find these two ?

Plz eplain in a detail manner.i will assign points for ur valuable answers

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi reddy,

1). Why Migration Process?

Migration process is to convert BW 3.x objects ( such as Data source, Trasfer rules and update rules etc) into BI 7.0 objests.

2). Why we are Migrating BW 3.X objects into 7.0 objects?

We are Migrating 3.x data source into 7.0 inorder to avail three functions, Those are

a). Direct data acquisition

b). Realtime Data Acquisition (RDA)

c). BI Accelarator.

3) .Regarding With export and Withour export options ?

These two options come in the process of Migration step. Regarding these options clearly described in the fourth point as bellow.

4). What will happen in this Migration process?

( Remember at the time Migration Transfer structure and Transfer rlues deleted, keep in mind go throgh bellow steps).

What ever may be the option selected (i.e, With Export or Without export ) data source will migrate to 7.0.

But if you choose With export option deleted Transfer Structure and Trasfer Rules will store in the table " RSDSEXPORT". If you select other option (i.e, Without export ) the deleted Trasfer structure and trasfer rules perminently not avaliable.

Thats why always go with With Export option only. This will help to revert back 7.0 data source into 3.5 data source when ever is there any requirement in future.

Please go look into bellow link.

if u r satisfed about my answer please assign points.

Thanks & Regards,

Kotesh.