cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data source 0CRM_SALES_ORDER_I doesn't capture change in Delta Processing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am populating the CRM Sales item ODS in the BW(3.5) with the CRM data source 0CRM_SALES_ORDER_I. This data source is enabled for delta processing. I have successfully initialized and processed delta out of this data source.

However this only works when I create a Sales Order in CRM. The RSA7 entry (Total)for this data source doesn’t change when I change an existing order by changing the qty or material etc.

Therefore I am not sure whether this will represent the actual business scenario. Am I missing something?

Any help in this regard will be rewarded by points

Thanks

Arun

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

edwin_harpino
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Arun,

transaction bwa1 and bwa5 maintained for 0CRM_SALES_ORDER_I ?

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I reiterate again.

I have been able to successfully initialize and the Delta load is also working fine. However my problem is a little different... The delta only works as long as we create new Sales Order. Any changes to the existing order don’t even update the delta queue in RSA7. This clearly shows that it has nothing to do with authorization, but indicates that the problem lies with the delta queue management configuration in the source system.

This data sources are activated already in BWA5 and the settings in BW7 is as follows.

Initial Upload : Blank

Delta Active : Checked

Data source : 0CRM_SALES_ORDER_I

Bloc Name : BUS_TRANSACTION_MESSAGE

Queue Exists : Blank.

Can anybody please let me know what exactly is the "Queue Exist" represents. Should we have any entries here?

The similar behavior is also noted for all the CRM Data sources in our system. For example 0CRM_OPPT_H, 0CRM_OPPT_I, 0CRM_SALES_ACT_1 is also behaving the same way... forcing me to think that the problem is in configuration somewhere...

Any help??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please check your postings are properly updating or not and please check with Bdoc processing and other technical stuff

Thanks

Thota

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi A.H.P

The transactions bwa1 and bwa5 looks very interesting.

The data source in question is maintained in bwa1 but not in bwa5. Please elaborate a little on this...

What exactly I need to do(change) in these two transactions in order to make this work in delta when I change the quantity of an existing order.

This currently works fine as long as a new order is created.

Thanks

Arun

Ashwin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi!

Activate the Data source in BWA5, <b>after activating</b> you can check the transaction BWA1 where you see the fields between your data source and the undelying Bdoc are mapped. look at <b>NOTE 491849</b> for more details

with reards

ashwin

Message was edited by: Ashwin Kumar Gadi

edwin_harpino
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Arun,

i experienced many times when we 'forget' to maintain in transaction bwa5, no delta in queue.

with transaction bwa5, check in column 'active' for your data source 0CRM_SALES_ORDER_I, if not active,

choose the data source and click button 'copy datasource' (activate icon).

following I quote the explanation from doc

BWA - BW Adapter will check changes when delta-init has been done and fill it to queue (rsa7).

CRM-Specific Extraction Using the BW Adapter

Initial upload (initial load): BW requests business data for a specific CRM object from the CRM database.

<b>Delta upload: When the delta process has been initialized, the BW Adapter checks changes that have been made to existing objects and forwards them to a specific queue. </b>

<u><b>Tasks of the BWAdapter </b></u>

Relevance check: Is the business document relevant for the BW upload (for example, to extract only sales orders with a specific status)?

Completeness check: Adds information from the database to those BDocs that contain changed data (network field communication).

Mapping module: Responsible for assigning the BDoc structure to the BW DataSource. The same mapping module (assignment logic shipped by SAP and customer-specific BAdI implementation) is used for both the initial upload and the delta upload. Table SMOXHEAD contains the name of the mapping module. Table SMOXRELP contains the mapping metadata.

Service API: BW component on the CRM side, which calls the object-specific extractor to retrieve data in packages. After the mapping process, the service API receives the data in extraction structure format and saves it in the BW delta queue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi AHP,

Thanks for your reply. However I would appreciate a docuent on BWA1/BWA5 to realy understand the process.

Also, can you please let me know whether the enhancement done by classical user-exit/badi method, after appending an append structure to the extraction structure is also delta enabled? If not then is there any way to delta enable the custom field in the data source?

Thanks

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi AHP,

I doubt whether I was able to clarify my actual issue.

I am using data source 0CRM_SALES_ORDER_I and my delta extractions are working fine as long as I create new sales order in the CRM system. Any changes in the existing sales order are not being picked up by the delta extraction nor those trigger an entry in transaction in RSA7.

As per your advice I went to the transaction BWA1 and have found that the check box for field "Active" is actually checked. I even went ahead and executed the 'Copy Datasource' after selecting my datasource.

I couldn't find that I could do anything in the transaction bwa1. I have also seen the two tables that you mentioned and found that they contain the info displayed in transaction BWA1.

But all these didn't solve my issue( exixiting Sales order changes are not picked up by delta extraction).

Therefore please look into this and let me know whether it has any solution.

Thanks

Arun