cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data refresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a BSP page with Status "Stateful from Now On" and Lifetime "Until Page Change".

I read data based on certain auto attributes passed from the previous BSP application and display this data for edit.

Sometimes, when the "submit" button on this page is clicked, all data that was read into structures/internal tables including the auto page attributes has been refreshed, hence the submit fails.

I initially assumed it might have been due to a session timeout but this also happens within 2-5 minutes of loading the page.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Rohini.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member181879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

From a first reading, it does very much look like the session is lost. The very simplest way to check this, is to actually make a HTTP Proxy trace, and look at the behaviour of the cookies that contains the session-id. It should only be set once.

As a test, can you just flag the complete application as stateful?

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your suggestions which were helpful to analyze the problem.

Thomas has a very helpful weblog on this:

/people/thomas.jung3/blog/2004/12/06/bsp-developers-journal-part-xv--stateful-bsp-and-timeouts

I tried implementing his approach and I'm now able to display an error message every time the session has timedout.

However, a similar BSP to create form data having the same status settings as the edit page I mentioned above does not timeout this way.

The only difference betweeen the 2 that I could perceive is that the "create" BSP is called by the portal in an iView, whereas, the "edit" BSP is called internally from another BSP page.

Any views on this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

u can make the lifetime as "Session" instead of "until page change".

I think then it will work.

Regards,

Ankur