cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data package (DTP)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How the records are read and formed when data is loaded in BW. That is, I wanted to ensure certain groups of data are logically packaged in one data package (DTP) and not sprinkled across two different data packages.

For example, I have created a custom data model that shows the related serial number(s) for a given delivery number, item, and material number. When loading the infocube, I want to ensure that all serial numbers for a given delivery number, item, and material are contained within the same data transfer package (DTP).

Regards,

Aravind.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

the functionality you describe is called 'semantic groups' in a DTP.

If you search this on help.sap.com or SDN, it will be clear.

Just select the characteristics you want to evaluate in the semantic group and you're done.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Choose  Semantic Groups to specify how you want to build the data packages that are read from the source (DataSource or InfoProvider). To do this, define key fields. Data records that have the same key are combined in a single data package.  

This setting is only relevant for DataStore objects with data fields that are overwritten. This setting also defines the key fields for the error stack. By defining the key for the error stack, you ensure that the data can be updated in the target in the correct order once the incorrect data records have been corrected.