cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Modelling question..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys..

We have the rates for different locations for different time intervals with TO and FROM dates being fed to us from the source system..

The reporting requirement includes reports which will be run for a specific time period and will have to display the MIN/MAX rates for every location in a specified period.

Say If report is run for Months JUNE and JULY..

We will have to take into consideration all the valid rates in that period and provide the min and max for every location..

I am just starting with the design..Your thoughts on achieving this would be highly appreciated and rewarded.

Thanks

Ashish.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

Hope your rate is a master data. If so then have it as a time-dependent master data info-object as you are fetching the "FROM" and "TO" fields. Have the location as an attribute of the RATE.

As for the reporting requirement it may require a little ABAP Coding.

Bye

Dinesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dinesh,

It is actually going to be transaction data..

Could you pls give me your e-mail ID..

Ashish..

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

Then you would have to have the location as part of the characteristics of the cube. You would also need to pull the TO and FROM dates as characteristic. This is the simplest design. Obviously you would have the time-period loaded. So when you execute the query against a time period it would fetch the data as required. But you will to load Voluminous data for this design.

Alternatively you can make the rate as time-dependent master data info-object. This would work fine unless you are doing any calulations on rate in which case it would be required as a KF.

You can wait for some other suggestions.

I have mailed my email address to your Id.

Bye

Dinesh