cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data lost after activation in DSO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

My taget dso has a field called PO line status which will be populated through an end routine.

Strangley when i load the data and check it before activation the data is present for PO linestatus.However,once after the activation the field is blank..

Can any one throw any idea on this strange behaviour?

Thanks,

Swapna.G

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member205352
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This has been discussed many a times in this forum.

You need to map something to your PO line status in transformation when you populating via end routine.

Either do direct mapping or use some constant.Later endroutine will override your mapped value.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

the problem is resolved..PLS refere notes:Note 1153473 - Data fields in data target not changed

accordilngly define a dummy rule constant with value"space"

Regards,

Swapna.G

former_member205352
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Was it the value "space" which did the trick ???

Any value should not have mattered I guess ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes ...when i kept it as "space" then only it is working..and when i kept it as NA..it didn't work

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen

let me thank you for your answer,but i am sorry after a handful of search i decided to go for posting this Q.

well , the field POLINESTATUS is Z field created at traget level so direct assignment is ruled out..now coming to constant option since it will overwrite at later stage i can put any constant value

Is it..?

Regards,

Swapna.G

former_member205352
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes you can put some constant value in the mapping in transformation.

You should not live it as "No Transformation"/"initial" in your transformation mapping.

Edited by: Praveen G on Jun 19, 2009 5:39 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen

I have just mapped the field by setting the rule as constant and gave the value as"NA" and then actiavted the rule.BUt still ia m facing this problem..

Can help me!!

Regards,

Swapna.G

former_member205352
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am not sure if NA was valid for your field.

But anyways the problem is referenced in OSS note 1106058.

As a try can you do direct mapping of your line status field with some similar field from source.