cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

data in RSA3 looks ok but not in BW

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a wierd problem. I have created a Data Source using a Function module.

There is a date field(UDATE) in the extract structure. In the beginning there was some problem in the function module so there was no data being populated in the UDATE field so it obviously did not generate any data on BW side also. But later I have corrected the Function Module and now I can see that the data in UDATE field is being populated correctly in RSA3. So I replicated the Data Source in BW and tried to load the data on BW side. Data is being populated properly in BW except for this UDATE field(it doesnt populate in PSA also).

So I am unable to understand why this field is being populated correctly in RSA3 but not in BW?

Am I missing any settings or something? Please give me some suggestions.

Points are assured....

Thanks in advance...

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

there is no settings as such.

PSA should have same data. Check whether you are looking at correct PSA or Not.

Nagesh Ganisetti.

Former Member
0 Kudos

you may want to check the mapping of source and target fields in the transfer rules

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nagesh,

I am looking at the correct PSA only...this field is not populated on BW side....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Voodi,

Even if there is something wrong in the transfer rules, it should atleast show up in PSA right?

Former Member
0 Kudos

It shouldn't be the case. it should show correct values in PSA. Make sure, you didn't hide that field in RSA6.

goto, RSA6 --> change your DS (Pensil button) --> uncheck hide button for your Date Field).

I want you replicate your DS again. Try activate Transformation again.

Nagesh Ganisetti.

  • assign points if it helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nagesh,

The field is there on the BW side but the data is not being populated in the field...

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am actually facing the same problem in both sand box and dev environments....

Former Member
0 Kudos

can you please let us know more about ur DS.

you don't need to check RSA6 settings as you already mentioned that you are able see in RSA3. Some problem with that field i guess. Generally, it show in PSA worect case. let us ur version

i want you to delete TR and replicate ur DS and Activate ur TR again.

Nagesh Ganisetti.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you guys think is there any problem with the info object I have used on BW side..if so then please let me know which one to use. the UDATE field is a regular date field (DATS 8, Output length 10)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nagesh,

ill try that...

And My Data source is based on a Function Module. The function module uses EBAN/CDPOS/CDHDR tables to get some REQUISION and PO data.

The UDATE field is from the table CDHDR table.

Former Member
0 Kudos

even i'm goingwork for similar requirement for my current project to get requisition Release date using CDHDR and CDPOS.

In BI side, make sure you mapped to Date IO.

Let us know your feedback.

Nagesh Ganisetti.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for all the responses....

My problem was not only the UDATE but also some other fields in the CDHDR table.

I was getting this problem because I did not transfer the primary keys to the table CDHDR from Data source area to Transfer structure area in the info source. Once I transfered the Primary key fields (I think this happens only if you use a function module for extraction).