cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data in Delta Queue from Delta Repetition after Delta Load.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

We are upgrading the Patch Level for ECC Source system. For this I have cleared the Delta Queue by loading the data to BI  using Delta Infopackage. But after the upgrade I saw data was there in delta queue and delta repetetion as well. Same records are there in delta queue and delta repetition

Do we need to clear the delta repetition queue also before upgrade??. Or how possible data is there in Delta queue after emptying it??

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member209895
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

During the ECC upgrade, I believe even though you had cleared the delta queue as a pre-requisite, you had no control on the delta postings. Which is, if the data source was LO, then you didn't stop the V3 jobs, if they were standard / generic / FI, then the postings directly happened to the delta queue, as the users were not locked. So this is important LUWs that you have in delta queue now and you need them to be loaded to BW.

When you schedule the BW process chains back as a part of post upgarde activities, the delta IP would run and take care of the delta. I would suggest you to not delete the delta queue data.

Regards.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank You Kalpana. I got what to do, solution is to empty delta repetition after delta load is to load infopackage again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The data would get deleted from Delta repeat section only when the next delta run is successful. This is done to ensure that no delta is lost.