cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data from two different universe to be shown in single BO Webi XI R2 report

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Is there any way we can show data from two different universes in a single report. We are using BO XI R2 .One universe will point to SQL Server (lets call it "Unv_SQL") and the other universe will point to Oracle (lets call it "Unv_Orc" .

There will be one BOUSER object in "Unv_SQL" which will be used to capture the active directory login name of user.This id will be used in "Unv_Orc" universe to capture all information related to the employee. Basically all the employee related information will be available in "Unv_Orc" and the common value between the two will be active directory login name.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anshuman,

It is absolutely possible to get data from two universe on single webi report.

Create two queries from different universe and then depending upon your settings/access rights, you will be able to get merged objects which are common on both the queries. You can use these common objects to produce your report.

Please let us know if this is not clear so that we can provide you any further information.

Cheers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the prompt reply. I have tried that option and confirmed that it is possible. It will be quite helpful if you can provide me more information on the merge dimension so that I can proceed with all the details in hand. Or may be guide me to the correct document.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check out the following blog from Dave. It will clear everything.

http://www.dagira.com/2010/06/19/what-does-extend-merged-dimensions-really-do/

- Noman Jaffery