cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data from SAP ECC to Azure via SAP CDC using ODP BW Datasource giving blank fields from CMOD

s__muscas
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello community,

we are developing a new environment for BI in Azure. By documentation, looks like extracting data from SAP via BW extractors (with SAP CDC connector) is possible. And usually this is working good. But while extracting data from datasources with customer exit enhancement (CMOD), looks like all the fields that should be filled in the enhancement are blank.

Testing the ODP output looks working good, but I'm not able to identify if it is SAP giving blank fields or if it is Azure SAP CDC ignoring additional fields.

We can see the additional columns, but they are all blank.

Has anyone else ever had the same problem?

Thanks in advance

View Entire Topic
roland_szajko
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi 

Check this KBA:

2684463 FAQ: User-Exit/BAdI in data loads from ODP SAPI source systems

The KBA explains how customer exits can be used with ODP.

To simulate the data extraction you can use RODPS_REPL_TEST in the source system.

br

Roland

s__muscas
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thank you @roland_szajko, test from RSA3 and RODPS_REPL_TEST are working fine.

What I'm wondering now is if I have to follow this guide: https://help.sap.com/docs/SAP_NETWEAVER_750/6522d0462aeb4909a79c3462b090ec51/8a4121d239094ffebac228e... 

Follwing the step 4. Create Enhancement Implementation: Fill Customer Fields I'm stuck in what I should put inside the implementation of the method IF_RODPS_DATASOURCE_EXT~PREPROCESS_PROJECTION:

s__muscas_0-1717760973650.png

I can't really find anything that help to implement this in community or support site..

Do you have any idea?

Thank you

roland_szajko
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

If RODPS_REPL_TEST returns the expected results, then the problem lies in the caller.

Using ODP RFC-s is not allowed by third parties. See the KBA: 3255746 Unpermitted usage of ODP Data Replication APIs.

Regarding the customer exit, this is something you know from where which field you want to fill.