cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data from PSA to ODS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a custom ODS that, at the moment, is filled with data coming from a standard lower level ODS.

Is it possible (and how) to insert data in that ODS directly from the PSA not passing through that standard ODS?

Thanks a lot and bye.

Gianfranco

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. In case of an automatic process, you can create updateRules from the infoSource to the infoCubes.

2. In case of manual process, transaction RSA1 -> Modeling PSA -> modeling -> PSA -> right click on the mouse -> Schedule the update -> and you can choose your data target

3. In case you have several ODS from the same infoSource you can change the data target in the infoPackage.

4. In case you don't need the standard ODS, desactivate the updateRule

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think the problem is a little different.

As we said, we have a custom ODS the must be filled with data coming from two different datasources. (0AU_WTY_HEADER and 0AU_WTY_ITEM).

My idea was to make the update rule for that ODS pointing to the 0AU_WTY_HEADER datasource and then taking the remaining data from 0AU_WTY_ITEM through routines. The problem is that I dont know which tables/structures for datasource 0AU_WTY_ITEM are involved at PSA level.

Regards,

Gianfranco

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you want to get the PSA table related to 0AU_WTY_ITEM try this:

- Transaction SE11

- Input '/BIC/B*' in the Database table parameter

- Press F4

You'll get a list of tables with the description 'Transfer Structure Application DataTargetTechName' look up in this list for your data source name 0AU_WTY_ITEM and you'll get the related PSA table.

Hope this helps,

Andreu

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I believe there is a paper that details how to create a datasource for PSA. I think the paper is how to reconcile PSA to InfoCube contents or something similar.

Hope that puts you on the right track.

Please award points if you see fit..

Former Member
0 Kudos

I explain better.

My problem is that my ODS have some standard key figures that can be easly mapped.

Some others are custom and must be filled with data coming from PSA stage.

The problem is that I do not know how to retrieve the name of the PSA tables/structures on which address my routine.

Ex. ODS Warranty Header takes data from 0AU_WTY_HEADER DataSource for all its key figures. If we add a new key figure whose data must be taken from 0AU_WTY_ITEM (for ex.) we need to write a routine (I think).

The problem is that I dont know to which tables address in the PSA.

Thanks.