cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

data filter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I need to filter in the report based on 2 conditions with an OR conditions betweem them. For ex:

I have zeffmed and zeffden as 2 infoObjects for Zperson.

I need to filter based on the condition that : If zeffmed < sy-datum and zeffmed > 01/01/1000 OR zeffden < sy-datum and zeffden > 10/10/1000. Like this I need an OR condition between these 2 dates. But I have record like this:

zperson | zeffmed | zeffden

-

1 | 06/26/2005 |

I tried restricting based on these conditions under 'filter' and tried under 'free' also. Looks like these 2 restrictions on these 2 infoObjects under 'filter' or under 'Free' are considered as 'AND' conditions between them and report says 'No applicable data', since it satisfies for zeffmed not for zeffden.

Please advise how I should go about this, where should I put these conditions or do I need to change my design.

Thanks,

BW_BW

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I guess you could play around with the conditions like having both checks in one condition or 2 seperate conditions to get the OR Condition satisfied..

else if you are not getting it..here is one more suggestion..

You can have 2 calculated Key figures eg: KF1 and KF 2 with the Condition for each.

Have a 3rd CKF KF3 = KF1 + KF2.

Have one single condition on KF3 = 1.

this should surely work.

Ashish.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi BW,

As Asish said you can play around with conditions on existing chars.

But you can't apply conditions on calculated key figures.

Regards,

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

I am using conditions in a lot of queries on calculated key figures..

It works buddy...

Let me know why yours did not work..may be we can fix it..

Ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

Once i tryed to apply condition on the calculated key figures, but it was not reflected. Because conditions or exceptions will be applicable on the true values of OLAP.

For more details plz follow the link.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/aa/be7e9ace67bc49826fe3a622af54cb/frameset.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/d5/94a340f590a35be10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

Regards,

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

I understand what you meant..and in those cases as pointed out in the documentation it is true..

But as long as you apply the condition to specific Characteristics , you can have the condition work on Calculated Key figures..

Hope It is now Clear to you..

Ashish..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

You are right. That time i have created formula based on the result of one characteristic object and tryed to apply condition on that formula, that doesn't worked out.I have forgotten that specific incident and and kept in mind that conditions will not work on CKF. As you said direct CKF w.r.t characteristics will work.

Thanks for your clarification..

Regards,

Ramesh