cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dashboard design binding and saving issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, I have a query about data volume. I have to bring about 18,000 rows of data in to dashboard design 4.1. After I did binding of all the fields, my dashboard design keep freezing up. it looks like it is the data volume that is too high. is there any performance tuning that can be done to bring this type of data volume? Please let me know.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

Dashboard design tool is a visualisation tool for summarized data.

The data which you are trying to bind is very large which is not recommended.

In order to get the data in the dashboard you could  filter the data and get only the summarised data.

To perform this you could create a BI web service or Qaaws depending upon your requirement.

Hope this helps!!

Regards,

Noopur

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member182541
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hey Venkey,

First understand the concept of dashboard, how much records you can deal with. Are you trying to test any records to append here or working on any real-time design. Break you records into piece's take only the valid data inside. Still you feel that you all your data inside the dashboard then apply filters or prompts to minimize the record set. Its all upto you, but never go beyond 512 rows which will always hamper your dashboard.

Hope you got it.

Dashboards (Xcelsius) General Best Practices - Business Intelligence (BusinessObjects) - SCN Wiki

--SumanT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Suman, this data is very summarized, unsummarized data is in hundreds of thousands of rows. are you saying i can't get this done then?

former_member182541
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you can deal with this data in design time, but when it comes to performance it can really test you patience. What is your source ? why cant you use the data which is less than 500 rows by using some filters.

Even at the time of design many components may warn you when you are mapping with large amount of data.