cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dashboard builder doesn't work

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear collegues,

From Infoview, when connecting myself with the Administrator Account, I can't use the dashboard builder.

I get the following error message : An error has occurred: Cannot forward after response has been committed

If I try again, I get this:

Servlet Engine Exception: null

URL: /PerformanceManagement/scripts/tools/err_page.jsp?menu=%2Fconf-syst%2Fmenu-appdesigner&ctxt=aa-appdesigner&loc=en&contextPath=..%2FPerformanceManagement&iSubMenus=0&helpURL=%2FPMC_Help%2F%25LOC%25%2Fdashboard_builder%2Fhtml%2Fcontext.htm%3Fcontextid%3D0001020&pvl=en_GB&service=%2FInfoViewApp%2Fcommon%2FappService.do

StackTrace:

java.lang.NullPointerException

at com.bo.aa.util.SecurityStore.GetLogonToken(SecurityStore.java:28)

at com.bo.aa.util.SecurityStore.getSecurityValue(SecurityStore.java:79)

at com.bo.aa.impl.DBServerImpl.getSecurityToken(DBServerImpl.java:166)

at org.apache.jsp.jsp.appsHome_jsp._jspService(appsHome_jsp.java:536)

at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:97)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:802)

at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:334)

at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:314)

at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:264)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:802)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:252)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:213)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:178)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:126)

at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:105)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:107)

at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:148)

at org.apache.jk.server.JkCoyoteHandler.invoke(JkCoyoteHandler.java:199)

at org.apache.jk.common.HandlerRequest.invoke(HandlerRequest.java:282)

at org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.invoke(ChannelSocket.java:767)

at org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.processConnection(ChannelSocket.java:697)

at org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket$SocketConnection.runIt(ChannelSocket.java:889)

at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:684)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

How could I verify that the dashboard builder was really installed with our enterprise XI 3.0 ?

Do any of you has an idea what the problem could be ?

Thank you !

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

You need to properly set the Initialization user for Dashboard builder to work correctly. Login to the CMC (As Administrator) and Click on Preferences on the top right. Expand Dashboard and Analytics, check the option to "Change Initialization logon user" enter the Administrator credentials then click OK. Now see if you can get into Dashboard Builder. If you get the same error trying to get into this part of the preferences you might need to set this user on the server in the Initconfig.properties file.

Let me know if this helps,

Dave