cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customzing CRM Service On SolMan 4.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi to All,

I think, i have a comprehenive problem with an guide "ServiceDesk_addInfo.pdf". I'm trying to setup an incident management for own software products and we're trying to the

solution manager and the service desk functionality. I'm rather a newbie to this topic, so i don't understand the partner defining functions. How can i configure the sold-to party (00000001), the administrator (slfn0001), the key user (slnf0002), the support team (slnf0003) and the message processor (slnf0004) in IMG(CRM -> Basic Func ->Partner Processing -> Define Partner functions/Define Partner Determination Procedure) ?

BR Philipp

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

raguraman_c
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you be a bit more clear? I couldn't get where you are stuck?

--Ragu

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't really unterstand if i need to config this value to get my service desk running. the config guide is quite unclear in this respect!

BR Philipp

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mr Kostyra,

the partner profile is already defined (SLFN0001) what you need to do is to create Business Partners (TA BP) and to assign the apropriate BP-roles to them (aka "Sold-to-Party", System Administrator,...).

You need these BPs if You want to fetch the corresponding information automatically.

Hope that help

Yours,

Rudolf Weis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Philip,

The Buisness partners for the Sold to Party (SLFN001), Message processors and so on can be configured in the Transaction BP. Here the BP's are created according to the required and a suitable role is assigned to them .

Please be more clear where the issue is popping out..for more inputs.

Br,

Sri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Problem in Solution Manager

1. Creating Products

I created a product hierachy with serveral product categories, but cannot invoke it in the transaction COMMPR01 when i try to create a product and connect it to a category. In the Field category i cannot choose any category i created before. Search with F4 is unsucessful too. Because being unabled to create product i cannot create a proper installation.

2. Creating Installation

In IB52 cannot call a product because of (1) and so i cannot give the installation number to a customer. Because of having no proper installatios I can’t create a service notification. And in my system I can’t find the first installation with the Ext. ID SOL_MAN_DATA_REP.

3. Service Notifcation

I can't create any service notifications. Before i can call in the Service Desk "new" for a new notification, i get an error. Reason no installations found used as ibase.

4. Business Partners

Because of (1) (2) (3), I had no proper information if I need to change some values in the customzing to set up the described values.

After this problems i decided to leave the config guide aside to setup the service desk and tried to configure the

Solman according to the file "ServiceDesk_addinfo_DE.pdf".

After Configuring a while i had a doubt if i'm on the right way.

I hope my situation is a bit clearer now.

BR Philipp

Former Member
0 Kudos

Problem in Solution Manager

1. Creating Products

I created a product hierachy with serveral product categories, but cannot invoke it in the transaction COMMPR01 when i try to create a product and connect it to a category. In the Field category i cannot choose any category i created before. Search with F4 is unsucessful too. Because being unabled to create product i cannot create a proper installation.

2. Creating Installation

In IB52 cannot call a product because of (1) and so i cannot give the installation number to a customer. Because of having no proper installatios I can’t create a service notification. And in my system I can’t find the first installation with the Ext. ID SOL_MAN_DATA_REP.

3. Service Notifcation

I can't create any service notifications. Before i can call in the Service Desk "new" for a new notification, i get an error. Reason no installations found used as ibase.

4. Business Partners

Because of (1) (2) (3), I had no proper information if I need to change some values in the customzing to set up the described values.

After this problems i decided to leave the config guide aside to setup the service desk and tried to configure the

Solman according to the file "ServiceDesk_addinfo_DE.pdf".

After Configuring a while i had a doubt if i'm on the right way.

I hope my situation is a bit clearer now.

BR Philipp

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Philipp,

to create a IBase goto TA "Solution_Manager" - Menu BAR Item "Edit" - Item "Initial Data Transfer For IBase"

Use it.

After processing, go to TA IB52, there should be a installation number 01 with the default entries You need.

There You can customize "Sold-to-Party" ...

Hope that helps!

Yours,

Rudolf Weis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rudolf,

if i process the step you describe i receive the following runtime exception:

<i>Runtime Error: CALL_FUNCTION_CONFLICT_LENG

Exception: CX_SY_DYN_CALL_ILLEGAL_TYPE

Date and Time: 12.10.2006 13:32:16 </i>

Do you have an idea???

Greeting Philipp

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Philipp,

now its growing out of my horizon . . .

The only thing I can suggest You now, is to start Your basic customizing all over again, and to work through every step. Its very important that You use the newest Bc-Sets, as there have been changes since Aug'06.

Sorry.

Yours,

Rudolf Weis

Former Member
0 Kudos

OSS note 966398 fixed this dump problem for me