Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customize Top Level Navigation Menu

SidBhattacharya
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

How do I customize the TLN menu options to show only the ones i need, nstead of the standard 'Java Development, System Adminstration and so on...'. I want to remove these standard menu options for a set of roles.

Thanks

Sid

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sid,

the TLN is build as a result of the roles a user posses. So if you want a user not to have the menu option "Java Development", just edit his roles (under "User Administration -> Roles) and remove him the javadeveloper-role ("com.sap.pdk.JavaDeveloper"), like Darrell said.

You can also remove menu options of "System Administration"-menu for example, by editing the PCD-Role "system_admin_role". You do this under "Content Administration -> Portal Content", search for the role, and remove a workset or a folder.

As a tip: do not edit sap-default-roles! Just create your own roles, as dela-link copies and assign them to the users.

Hope that helps,

Robert

SidBhattacharya
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Yes. That seems to be the way to do it. However I have the standard roles grayed out (ContentManager,JavaDeveloper). How do I remove them?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good question! In some installs I have seen, the "eu_role" is grayed out. Some installs it is not grayed out?

Is there some king of flag during install?

Former Member
0 Kudos

greyed out means indirect assignment (e.g. the role is assigned to a group and the user is in that group).

you could remove him from this role by unassigning him from the group

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Siddhartha,

Can you help me with this. I made a page with an Iview.

in the Iview I would like to place a masterhead menu.

For example: View - Folder - Selection - Search.

So that users can delete theire selection or upload some documents. Can you tell me where and how I can customize this?

Greetins

GM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sid,

when you go on Useradministration -> Roles and select a user, you might see some roles gray out because of other dependencies. For example you can not remove ContentManager and JavaDeveloper because this roles have been assign to some groups to which this user belongs.

The best way to check this, is to go to Useradminstration -> Roles, and search the role "ContentManager". Select it and check if it is assign to a specific group in which your users might belong.

Eric, SAP recommends to assign the eu_role to the group "All Users", so that every user has some content when entering the portal. But this is not done by any installation automatically as far as I know.

Best regards,

Robert

darrell_merryweather
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You customise the roles for the particular user that you want to remove the tabs from.

Is this what you mean ?

D