cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer Exit Variable for Webi report Publication/Schedule.

former_member297636
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I'm trying to wrap my head around how Customer Exit variable works in Bex. I have a reporting requirement where the MKT report is to be scheduled to run everyday only showing previous calendar days data, I am positive I can achieve this with a SAP supplied variable (Current Day-0DAT) with an offset of -1 (Please correct me if i'm wrong here). The concern however is that the Bex query is being used in other important reports as well that might need a broader date range. In short, I'm trying to keep this Bex query open so it can be used for other similar reporting requirements as well and not just serve the daily MKT report for Previous days numbers.

I'am told of a date range set up possibility with customer exit variable within it.Which, when left blank at the run time will apply the inbuilt variable logic and run the MKT report to show only previous day numbers.So this way the Bex query can be used for multiple reporting needs. Is this a genuine solution for my scenario ? If yes, can any one walk me through the process of setting this up and explain in short how this kind of variable works in Bex.

Any help on this will be appreciated.

Thanks

GD

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member297636
Participant
0 Kudos

Can anyone help please ?

former_member297636
Participant
0 Kudos

Can someone please help me understand how customer exit variable works in Bex. I've tried looking for similar documents online, but did not come across one that answers my questions mentioned above.

I'd really appreciate all or any help on this.

Thanks

GD

former_member297636
Participant
0 Kudos

Thought, would add another similar question while this is up.

One of the Backorder report that I'm scheduling as well requires all the data availiable in the system, the report is to be scheduled to run everyday with the date progression (Adding one day at run time everyday). I'm noticing there isin't any mandatory date variables in the bex query being used in this report.Does that mean if i have to schedule the report as is (without creating any customer exit variables on dates) then each day this report runs it will refresh to bring the data until the most recent date available ?? Do i need to check the Refresh on open box to be able to get this output off the scheduled report ?