cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom time characteristics

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi !

I've a problem in the presentation of a report : I need to display some key figures every decade (10 days). These Key figures are given every day. But the possibilities of time characteristics choices are limited : I can only display every day (0CALDAY), or every week (0CALWEEK), evey month (0CALMONTH)... nothing for the decade.

It's not possible to create time characteristics. Is there any other solution ?

Thanks,

Étienne

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

dennis_scoville4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is no option to create custom time characteristics, per se. You can create characteristics that are date/time related. You'll have to use calculations and/or Function Modules to add the years (if you truly mean decades) or dates (if you mean 10 day intervals - not sure if you need 10 factory or 10 calendar days).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, I'll create Characteristic related to an existing time characteristic, and will try to apply a FM...

Thanks,

Étienne

former_member205352
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> It's not possible to create time characteristics. Is there any other solution ?

>

> Thanks,

> Étienne

You can create a custom time characteristic and maintain master data aptly.

It won't behave as a standard time char but it will behave as normal infoobject.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Which bw release are you using? Do you want to determine the interval of day in function of a variable selection entry ?

Cheers,

Greg