cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Prompts Dialog

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are running BOXI 3.1 SP3 Java, and we have an application that includes the Analytical Reporting and OpenDoc war files to display webi reports in our own portal. We would like to customize the prompts dialog to do advanced date handling and more powerfull cascading prompts.

Is there a way to replace the existing prompt dialog with our own page using Extension Points? We don't need to change any other part of the webi report viewer, so I really don't want to have to create a full SDK solution for viewing reports. Plus it would be nice to not have to hack the Analytical Reporting code so when new service packs come out we can upgrade without having to worry about our changes. Has anyone done this?

Thanks

Tim

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes we have created a plug and play toolkit with some really great prompt screen features. we call it report launch and it works with Webi and Crystal. I can show you how it works if you have 10 minutes

www.reportlaunch.com

Former Member
0 Kudos

While you're software does look interesting, we already have developed a custom app that integrates BO into our main application. All of the current functionality works great, except for the prompt screen. That is why I'm trying to find out if we can use Extension Points to replace that screen? Thanks

Tim

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does anyone know if the useCustomPrompts parameter that is passed to the refreshDocument.jsp allows you to bypass the normal prompt screen? I haven't been able to find any real information about it.

0 Kudos

SAP Support anwsered us that the kind of modification is unsupported...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yeah, I know that using Extension Points is not supported unless you are a SAP Partner. However, it makes more sense to use extension points then to try to hack the webi code. Completely re-writing our own version of the interactive viewer seems to be extreme overkill just so we can have custom prompt handling. I really got my hopes up when I started reading about Extension Points as they seem the perfect way to handle this type of task. Simply write a new module for just the functionality you need and plug it in. Too bad it doesn't seem to be anything but a hobby side project for SAP.

Does anyone know if Extension Points will be upgraded with the new version of BO due out next quarter?

Tim