cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom processing for Projects workflow

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For Projects, we want to use custom notification functionality for workflow events. We cannot use agents

assignment nor data from HR as we don't have HR data in SAP. What we want to do the following for all events related to projects.

1. Users will choose the role to which they want the workflow/notification to go and click on SAVE for any action projects.

2. At this time,we want to call a custom function module to get the details of the recipients for that event and role from custom tables.

3. Using the above recipients list, we will send the alerts/notifications.

Please let me know if there is a place where I can assign the custom function module which gets executed after the event is triggered or when user clicks on save after assigning the role.

Thanks,

Sudheer

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

pokrakam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sudheer,

You say the user chooses role & saves, THEN you want to execute your FM.

If that is the case then why not call your FM as the first step of your workflow rather than messing about with obscure userexits.

Cheers

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

I can definetly do that. Where do I specify my function module as first step?

Thanks,

Sudheer

pokrakam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ah... OK, this could be a bit daunting if you've not done it before.

The short version:

You need to create a subtype of your object type BUS2001 (SWO1)

Create a method with appropriate parameters, inside this method you execute the function module. You'll need to use some of the WF macros here.

Lastly, create a task from the WF builder based on your method. You need to have a container element to hold your agents, which you get back from your method.

The long version:

The SAP docu is very good these days. (not trying to be unhelpful, but I could spend quite a while here otherwise). It also has a good tutorial, for the coding look under Business Workflow Programming or in the other WF help, the Business Object Builder. A bit of persistence and a sense of adventure will pay off.

Cheers

Mike