cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom LayoutSets & ResourceRenderers

Former Member
0 Kudos

When creating my own custom LayoutSets and/or Resource Renderers, where should I place the .jar files for the system to pick them up?

EP6 SP2

I have tried a few places and was only able to get everything to work in the following directory:

portal/portalapps/com.sap.km.cm.ui.flex/lib

The trouble is, when we apply a patch the custom JAR files are blown away.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Brandon

You will have to and attach a portal service which acts like a bootstrap for the classes and then "par" them up.

When defining the Java classes for the Layout controllers , renders etc you will have to just pass the in the fully qualifed name of the class. There is documentation on this in the Netweaver developer guide in the section setting up environment

Regards

Pran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pran,

I have followed the documentation, however I am getting the following message in my knowledgemanagement.log file...

com.sapportals.wcm.rendering.layout.LayoutControllerFactory ....... No mapping available for requested LayoutController with alias <ewpMenuGridTreeListLayoutController>

I have also noticed the following:

could not create command with alias ewpMenuGridTreeListLayoutController and classname XYZ: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/sapportals/wcm/rendering/control/cm/NeutralControl

Is it related perhaps?

Any ideas?

Message was edited by: Brandon Smith

Former Member
0 Kudos

I resolved the issue.

Thanks.

Brandon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Brandon,

Can you please let me know how did you resolve this? I deployed the custom layout par file and I get exactly this error.

Thanks,

Sarita.

Former Member
0 Kudos

My error was because the project referenced some items in the private side of the SAP libraries. I had to include the JAR files containing those items directly within my project.

Another way this happens is if you don't have all the right sharing references in your deployment descriptor. See the SAP documentation on setting up a project manually for more details.

Hope this helps.

Brandon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot. It worked. Is there a way I can reward you points?

Sarita.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Glad it worked for you.

I think the only way I can get points is if you post the question on your own and I answer it.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Brandon,

It would be better if you create xml files for the configuration of the layoutsets and the resource renderers. What you can do is create a par file out of the configuration and the custom jars and then u can deploy them to the portal. So even if the upgrade removes it you can redeploy the par file.

Regards

Prakash

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm a bit confused. My understanding of creating custom menu commands, layouts, renderers, etc was that you had to create custom JAVA classes... jar them and place them on the server somewhere.

Then you creat mappings to KM objects under the System Config --> KM Config......

Am I mistaken?