Did you mean: 

Custom fields in SAP Fiori Demo Cloud Edition

former_member191358
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I was trying to add a new field in the object "my tasks" following this guide:

First I created a new extension project choosing 'my task' from CRM to extend

I went to the screen that I want to edit (in Extensibility mode) and choosed for Extend -> Extend View/Fragment

A new XML file was created in my view folder and I opened this

I was trying to add a new field but I saw that I'm unable to choose a Odata service in the project.

The dropdown menu is also greyed out so I'm not able to choose a Odata service.

Is there something wrond I did in my steps?

Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jamie_cawley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Could you add a screenshot showing your issue?

Regards,

Jamie

SAP - Technology RIG

former_member191358
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jamie,

Forgot to add:

jamie_cawley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

For some reason that project is created without a metadata.xml file.  To fix, run the index.html in the browser and open the browser developer console and select the network tab.  Refresh the browser to reload the app again and in the network tab search for "$meta".  This should show you the metadata request, right click on it and choose copy response.  Now back in your project right click on webapp and choose create folder and name it "localService", underneath create a file named metadata.xml and paste the copy text into it.  Reopen the view in the layout editor and you should now be able to choose the data set.

Regards,

Jamie

SAP - Technology RIG

former_member191358
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jamie,

Where can I find the network tab in the developer console ? Is this still in the web IDE ?

jamie_cawley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

When you run index.html it will display the app in another tab/window.  In chrome you can either right click on the page and choose inspect element or choose the menu option View - Developer - Developer Tools.

Regards,

Jamie

SAP - Technology RIG