cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Currency field issue while enhancing extractor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

I am trying to enhance a generic extractor ZDS_DN_GNDT for view ZZDN_PYGT and trying to incorporate DOC_AMT field which is present in the table ZCSTR_DEMANDNOTE on which the view is built.

When I add the field in the extractor I see that the DOC_AMT has a currency field WAERS assigned to it which apparently is referenced to WAERS field in table DFKKOP. This resulting in huge amount of data being purged in the extractor from DFKKOP also.

Functional team has clearly stated that enhancing R3 table by adding a currency field in it will not be done as close to 90 reports are already running based on this table.

Looking at the above situation I request you all to provide me with a solution of how to resolve this issue.

rgds

Imran

Message was edited by: Imran Khan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Please suggest a way forward????

rgds

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Imran,

I understand that because of the  currency field waers referencing to another table , you are not able to enhance that field in your Current database view.

But since you require the DOC_AMT field in your dataflow, you can create a new Generic Extractor based on Infoset query Instead of the existing generic extractor which is based on view.

Please let me know If u have further queries.

Regards,

Preethi S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Preethi,

Thanks for your reply.

Is it advisable to create another extractor for the same table? We are already struggling with more than required z enhancements. How can coding thru CMOD help me?

Can you provide me the code for this as I am not an ABAPer?

rgds

Imran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Imran,

You can try coding through CMOD by directly appending the field to the extract structure of the existing extractor and write code in CMOD to populate the data for that field.

Try using below code by replacing Datasource name,extract structure name as applicable In your scenario,

TABLES :extract_structure.

DATA : l_ extract_structure LIKE extract_structure,            

WHEN 'Datasource_name'.

LOOP AT i_t_data INTO l_ extract_structure.
      l_tabix = sy-tabix.

SELECT SINGLE * FROM ZCSTR_DEMANDNOTE (table from which the data for the field has to be populated) WHERE keyfield_of_table = l_ extract_structure -keyfield.
      IF sy-subrc = 0.
        l_ extract_structure _ DOC_AMT  = ZCSTR_DEMANDNOTE - DOC_AMT .
      ENDIF.

Please let me know If you have further queries.

Regards,

Preethi S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Preethi,

This has worked, I thank you. ..full points awarded

I would really appreciate if you can help me with one more problem that I have not got an answer for.

How to bring fields from 1 dso into another dso in transformation 7.0. Appending is my scenario

DSO A - /BIC/AZFC_DS0500

DSO B - /BIC/AZCS_DNGD00 - /BIC/ZZAMT , /BIC/ZG_DATE

DSO C - /BIC/AZFC_DS1000

I have created C over A and have to bring above stated fields from B into C with all records to apply below stated logic

Amount Paid (Invoice)

For CD:- Consider amount (ZCSTR_DEMANDNOTE-DOC_AMT) where all documents in table ZCSTR_DEMANDNOTE is having Main Transaction (DFKKOP-HVORG): ZBILL and Sub Transaction (DFKKOP – TVORG) = 0021 and posting date is greater than and equal to ZCSTR_DEMANDNOTE -G_Date having Clearing Status (DFKKOP- AUGST) = 9 and Clearing reason (DFKKOP- AUGRD)     <>      5 and 6

Can you guide me exactly what code do I have imply and at what level(start/field/end routine)

Would appreciate if snapshots can be shared.

rgds

Imran

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Instead of enhancing the current table check if you can create a database view.

Regards,

Durgesh.