cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Currency exchange rate

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all. We are soon going to do billing in different currencies. Today we use USD, however, we plan to bill in Yen, Euros and Canadian. I understand there are several places the conversion can take place in BW and also, how the global settings work. What I don't understand is when the billing transactions come over to BW, do they carry the exchange rate at the time the transaction took place? If so, where? Is it in the unit dimension? Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bhanu:

Thank you for the prompt resposne.

Ok i got that.

So that means in the Keyfigure for the Curreny i just mention the

Unit/Currency = 0CURRENCY

rite?

Is there any other criterias i need to consider while i define the translation type in RRC1.

Thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhanu,

I want to automate the loading of exchange rates from R/3 to BW. Do you know how to setup this job??

Thanks in Advance.

Hari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bhanu:

I do have a question regarding the Currency exchange rate.

We have a total of 20 -25 different local currency data records in R/3.

In BW reprot we need to convert all these local currency to USD.

Do i need to go to RRC1 and define a translation/conversion type for each of these currencies to be translated to USD.

Regards

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Biral,

You do not need a separate conversion type for each currency. You can set one up which has Source Curr from data record (in the Source curr tab) and in the Target Curr tab define Fixed Curr = USD.

Hope this helps...

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ernie,

The transactional data will usually not carry the exchange rate, but the exchange rates are maintained in BW (and usually a job is set up to upload them from the source system). You will need to use or define currency conversion types (transaction RRC1 and RRC2) that will outline the exchange rate type, the time reference and the source and target currencies. Then you use these currency conversion types when doing the conversion in the load process or in the query.

You can look at the TCUR* tables to get a better idea of this, or run SE38 > RCURTEST.

Hope this helps...

Former Member
0 Kudos

So, when generating a report that extends back, say, two years of transactions. When converting to USD, will the historical transactions covert at the rate which existed at the time of the transaction or will it use some pre-determined average rate? Does BW keep historical exchange rates to convert with, based on some transaction date? Thanks.

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, BW does keep the historical rates as well. As to what is being used in the query, it depends upon the currency conversion key that you are using...like I said, it you see SE16 > TCURR you will see how and what rates are maintained.

Hope this helps...

Former Member
0 Kudos

As usual, you have been very helpful, Bhanu. Thank you for the lesson in Exchange Rates. Very enlightening.