cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CTBW-Multiple Characteristic values not allowed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am getting a error "Multiple Characteristic values not allowed" while trying to create a classification datasource using Tcode "CTBW". In Retail system we have all chracteristics as multiple value only.

Can anyone please suggest me how I can create a classification data source using mutiple value characteristics.

Regards

Amit Kapoor

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is the datasource that you are trying to extend with CTBW and can you give a little bit more on the circumstance. Note the reason for the error is that the key combination can only allow one unique value

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

Thanks for your reply.

I am trying to extend 0ARTICLE_ATTR, but getting error "Multiple Value Characteristics".

Can you please suggest.

Regards

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

There are some notes on this have a look at 350296, 535370 I think that these are the ones if no good let me know and I will check otherwise

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

These notes I already refered but didnt found appropriate finally.Raise OSS notes also waiting for SAP reply. If you find some other information pls let me know.

Regards

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

My understanding is that you will not be able to use multi value characteristics in a CTBW defined datasource.

However, in your case is there a key combination that you can define and build an extractor loading to an ODS

Not looked into myself, but have a look at the table CABN and those around these if you send me an email address I will search for a couple of BW Expert articles (unless you already have these) and send across

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

I am also having the same problem for 0MATERIAL_ATTR and how did you resolve your problem, please ?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

Just go to CT04 there you have two options single value and multiple values.

Press F1 on single value you will get this message "If you classify a node within a hierarchy, you can assign more than one value.".

In our case this works and I am able to use multiple values in CTBW.

Regards

Amit Kapoor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

I have followed as you have mentioned. In Tcode CT04, pressed F1 on single value and got "If you classify a node within a hierarchy, you can assign more than one value". The characteristic has 14 values. What should I do next so that I could create the Classification DataSource with that characteristic, please ?

**********************************************************************************

I will make it clear about my problem.

Creating the Classification DataSource with Tcode "CTBW" for 0MATERIAL_ATTR and got the error "Multiple Characteristic values not allowed" while adding a characteristic (COLOR) which has multiple values.

I am stuck. How can I create the Classification DataSource with a characteristic that has multiple values? please?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Venkat,

I am also stuck at the same situation, client want to extract all the Characteristics in CTBW, Getting the same error like U, any inputs from UR end, will be more appreciated.

Harsha Akula