cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSS in Design Studio 1.4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone!

I recently started using Design Studio for a project and have been in love with alot of the features that come with it.

Here's my problem.

I quickly realized that css is the way to go for alot of the different elemnts in my design, however I have not been able to find how you make new custom css classes and implement. In older versions (Design Studio 1.1) I found tutorials that point towards a button called "open repository folder" from which you could acces a .css file however as of DS1.4 that button is not present and I'm lost as to how this works now.

I'm running Design Studio 1.4 towards a Universe located on a BO server.

Any help is much appreciated.

/Emil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Emil,

You can find the option to upload css files in Application Properties ->  Display -> Custom CSS. You can upload the css to platform and use the classes.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes but this is not my problem.

As you mentioned I can upload the css to the platform and then declare them in each object, however I am trying to find out how I upload the css.

In other words, how or where do I make my classes which I can then declare and use in my objects?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Emil,

You need to use notepad to type in your css classes. For eg.  if you want to give a css for a text box, you can type in a class as follows:

.text

{

text-align:center;

}

You can then save this notepad file as "filename.css" and upload it onto the platform. In the text box properties call the css class "text".

Former Member
0 Kudos

"and upload it onto the platform"

Do I do this through Design Studio or through, for example, windows explorer? It's this specific step I do not understand how to do, how do I upload my .css to the platform?

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Emil,

You logon to the BI platform from Design Studio, and upload there.  See below - you follow the ellipses as showed above.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Finally I get it, thank you very much for the help and putting up with me:)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are trying to implement conditional formatting in a cross-tab component in DS 1.4. We are sending HTML tags from a HANA calculation view encompassing the actual key figure value. We have a custom CSS file defined on the BO server where the dashboard is going to be published. The CSS file contents as well as the current output screenshot is given below.

Any idea on why the HTML tags are not getting parsed from the CSS file?

CSS File content:

alert1 {

position: relative;

color: RGB(211,45,18);

border-radius: 5px;

}

circle {

display: none;

position: relative;

background: RGB(211,45,18);

}

Any help on this will be highly appreciated?

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is a closed thread; please search for your issue/question prior to posting per SCN rules and if you cannot find it, then create a new discussion thread.

Thank you

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The open repository folder should still work from the menu in 1.4 - File > Open Repository Folder if you are working locally

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is all on a BO server outside of my desktop. I.O.W I connect to a server first thing before entering any proejcts.