cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Viewer

Former Member
0 Kudos

I need my accounting department to run reports on their own without having to log into a DSN and have the ability to select report parameters.

I don't want to have to run and save report data for them to view.

solutions?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I can think of a few options:

1.  Crystal Reports Server - this will allow you to configure reports for on-demand viewing or  schedule them to be exported to  Excel, PDF, etc and delivered through email.

2.  There may be a third-party tool for viewing here:  www.kenhamady.com/bookmarks.html.  I'm not sure whether there's anything that will automatically log in to the database, though.

3.  Write code using either the .NET or Java SDK that will allow your users to view reports.  You would set the database credentials in your code.

-Dell

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member205840
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Todd,

I can think of Open Document URL reporting.  If you have BO Enterprise, you can go for this option, this will create a URL for a particular report which is there on BO Enterprise and will run for them without asking DSN (database login information) details. They can choose their own parameter values.

Viewer also good but, when you want to give them for their own filtration using parameter selection, then you need to run the report with huge data and save data with report and give them the .rpt file for further filtration.

Thanks,

Sastry