cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Server 2013 The viewer could not process an event. Failed to open the connection. Error code:0 [CRWEB00000119]

Former Member
0 Kudos

I m view the report in infoview of Crystal server 2013 and display above error.

I can use Crystal report 2013 to generate the report and confirm the database configuration is correct.

I use ODBC to connect the database using sqlanywhere. I install sqlanywhere 32 and 64 bit

I have set the database configuration in infoview

How can i solve this issue?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anyone can get me some help??

Former Member
0 Kudos

We had a similar issue, but I am not sure if it is the same thing. Open the report in Crystal Reports then do the following:

File>Page Setup

Under "Printer Options" make sure that you place a check mark in the "No Printer (optimize for screen display)" box.

In our case, since the printer was not installed on the server it gave us a random error because it did not know how to render the report without the printer drivers being installed. I hope this helps.

***Please note, if you make changes to the report a later time and are unable to save it back to the repository, you have to do the exact opposite as described above. Basically, uncheck the "No Printer (optimize for screen display)" box and select an appropriate printer on you pc then resave the report.

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Sorry about that the link is no work.

hugo_amo
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi W,

Try this:

Go to server,right click on Crystal report processing server and select properties,change the idle connection time out to 60 minutes.

Also right click on crystal report cache server and select properties, change the idle connection time out to 60 minutes.

Restart Crystal Report Processing Server and Crystal Report Cache Server.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Hugo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hugo

I tried and also no work

hugo_amo
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi W,

Have you configured 32 and 64 bit connections?

REgards,

Hugo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hugo

Configured 32 and 64 bit connections in ODBC

hugo_amo
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi W,

Have you tried changing default view format (Web,Web ActiveX ,Web Java) of crystal report ?

If not , try changing the default view format and run the report.

You can change it from 'Preferences -> Crystal Reports -> Select default view format'

Regards,

Hugo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hugo

Tried and same error

hugo_amo
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Sorry, run out of ideas

Former Member
0 Kudos

never mind

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi WJ,

Are you able to execute the crystal report using Crystal Designer workbench?

Try to retrieve the report from Crystal server 2013 using Crystal Designer workbench for windows.

Refresh the report and save it back to Crystal server once the report is executed successfully.

Regards,

Anchal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anchal Verma

I tried to use the Crystal report 2013 to generate the report that everything is ok.

I also tried get the report from Crystal server 2013 and run it Crystal report 2013 that also everything is ok.

Then, i save it in crystal server that is same issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is this issue specific to one crystal report?

I would recommend to execute few other crystal reports from InfoView that are based on the same DSN and confirm if the rest of the reports are working fine or not.

If all other reports are giving the same behavior, try to reconfigure the DSN on Crystal Server box.

Regards,

Anchal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anchal Verma

Other report have the same error

let me show you my ODBC and Crystal server box configuration

DB:

SQLanywhere 16 32 bit

ODBC

DSN: web

User ID:user

Password:password

Server name: web_from111

Database name:web

Crystal server box configuration

type:ODBC

Server name: web_from111

Database name:web

User ID: user

Password: password

Is it the correct dsn setting in Crystal server box?

Former Member
0 Kudos

The DSN settings looks absolutely fine to me.

Make sure that DSN name should be same on both the client machine and Crystal server box and you have created System DSN on the crystal server box instaed of User DSN.

Also, check the status of connection server32  is up and running in Crystal Server environment using CMC (Central Management Console).

Regards,

Anchal

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would like to ask you about how to check the status of connection server32 is up??

Anyway, i made sure the client and server are the correct DSN and set the system DNS.