cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Server 2013 admin issues after fresh trial install

Former Member
0 Kudos

After a complete default install and trying to run the SAP Crystal Server Central Management Console I get a web page with this data on it:

.NET          System.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingException: Tcp channel protocol violation: expecting preamble. at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Tcp.TcpSocketHandler.ReadAndMatchPreamble() at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Tcp.TcpSocketHandler.ReadVersionAndOperation(UInt16& operation) at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Tcp.TcpServerSocketHandler.ReadHeaders() at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Tcp.TcpServerTransportSink.ServiceRequest(Object state) at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.SocketHandler.ProcessRequestNow()

If I try to run http://<servername>:8080 I get a download and the download contains the following text:

.NET                   h   Server encountered an internal error. To get more info turn on customErrors in the server's config file.    

The Tomcat Configuration comes up if I Run as Administrator and appears to be configured correctly.

What will fix this?

I installed to Windows Server 2012 R2 with IIS and installed from CRS_2013_SP1_SERVER_COMP_WIN__64B__ directory after extracting the archive 51046786_1.zip.

I really wanted to run without having to install Tomcat and subversion and SQL Anywhere it that is possible.

TIA,

Tim

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tim,

-- Is IIS server installed on the same machine where you have installed CR Server?
-- If yes, then what is the port number you are using for IIS server? Tomcat and IIS server should not be using same port numbers.
-- In the task manager are you able to see tomcat7.exe?
-- Stop and disable the windows firewall and antivirus if any, reboot the machine and check.

Regards,
Medha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Medha,

Yes, IIS was installed prior to the Crystal Server install.

IIS is using the default port, 80.

Yes, I see tomcat7.exe in task manager.  As I said, I am able to run the Tomcat Configuration and start/stop the service though that app does not behave very well.

I am able to stop the firewall but not the AV.  I still get the same outcome when I go to localhost:8080 and localhost:8080/BOE/EMC if I stop the firewall.

What is missing?

Tim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tim,

It is most likely the issue with firewall or antivirus , you have disabled the firewall and tried and it the same issue.

Could you please turn off the antivirus and clear the cache of the browser and access the page.

Are you able to access any other sites like google?

Could you please try with other browser and see if you are getting the same error.

Try - telnet localhost 8080

If it gives any connection refused error then there is a problem with tomcat port and if it gives a blank screen then the connectivity is fine.

Regards,

Rajshree

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rajshree,

When I telnet to localhost 8080 I get a blank screen with a cursor.  If I hit Enter twice i get the following:

.NET☺☻☻♥☺♥☺☺§☻System.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingException: Tcp channel protocol violation: expecting preamble.

at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Tcp.TcpSocketHandler.ReadAndMatchPreamble()

at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Tcp.TcpSocketHandler.ReadVersionAndOperation(UInt16& operation)

at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Tcp.TcpServerSocketHandler.ReadHeaders()

at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Tcp.TcpServerTransportSink.ServiceRequest(Object state)

at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.SocketHandler.ProcessRequestNow()

Connection to host lost.

Tim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tim,

Please check with the network team why 8080 is not reachable, most likely the firewall issue.

Also check if you have any webapps inside tomcat/webapps

Regards,

Rajshree

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, Ensure the tomcat is running.

If you access http://localhost:8080, it shoud give you tomcat home page.

Access the URL-   http://localhost:8080/BOE/CMC

You should see login page,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ralshree,

When I try either of those localhost URLs I get the same web page I specified above, a web page with only this text:

.NET          System.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingException: Tcp channel protocol violation: expecting preamble. at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Tcp.TcpSocketHandler.ReadAndMatchPreamble() at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Tcp.TcpSocketHandler.ReadVersionAndOperation(UInt16& operation) at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Tcp.TcpServerSocketHandler.ReadHeaders() at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Tcp.TcpServerTransportSink.ServiceRequest(Object state) at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.SocketHandler.ProcessRequestNow()

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tim,

SAP BI 4.1 can not be deployed on IIS. It is not supported on 4.0 and 4.1 version.

Crystal report 2013 server is 4.1 server

Refer PAM guide for supported web application server-

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/507d3365-009b-3010-04b0-e5abc8f00...

Regards,

Rajshree

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rajshree,

I took the default installs which included installing Apache Tomcat.  Are you saying that IIS CANNOT be installed at all on the same server the Crystal Server 2013 is installed?

Tim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tim,

IIS can be installed, but BI webapps can not be deployed on IIS as you are on CR 2013 version and that doesn't support IIS as a web application server.

Regards,

Rajshree

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK, so the environment should be good.  Why does Central Management Console not come up correctly?

Tim