cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Reports XI - Deployment problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Issue:

When we add a (Crystal) report (eg. Report1.rpt) to the project in visual studio, it automatically adds the references to the v10 dlls of Crystal Reports.

When I choose to manually add another reference, I can only see the v10 dlls.

I donu2019t understand how I got this v10.2.3600.0, I donu2019t know where they come from and I canu2019t seem to remove them. Thereu2019s nothing in the u201CControl Panel > Add/Remove program listu201D that indicates Crystal Reports 10 being intalled. This v10.2.3600.0 dll files are situated in: u201CC:\Program Files\Common Files\Business Objects\2.7\Managedu201D

Itu2019s logic that when I publish / deploy the entire asp.net web application to the server, it will give an error.

The error we get when browsing to the webpage is the following.

"Register Assembly = "CrystalDecisions.Web. Version = 10.2.3600.00, Culture neutral, PublicKey ... could not be loaded"

What Iu2019m trying to do is embbed a report into an aspx page, using the CrystalReportViewer from the CrystalDecisions.Web dll.

Basically this is all the aspx page contains.

<CR:CrystalReportViewer ID="CrystalReportViewer1" runat="server" AutoDataBind="true" />

Architecture

Client (Developer) PC:

Windows XP SP2.

Visual Studio 2005

Framework 2.0

Working on an ASP.NET Web Application Project in C#

First Installed Cyrstal Reports XI from provided setup cd(s). Afterwards also installed: u201CCrystalReports11_5_NET_2005.msiu201D extracted from u201Ccrxir2sp2_server_install.zipu201D

Server:

Windows Server 2003

Framework 2.0

Internet Information Services 6

Installed Crystal Reports XI from provided setup cd(s). As well as the client components and server components are installed on this machine.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am moving this thread to the .NET Development - Crystal Reports forum because you're asking a development question, and not a Crystal Reports Design question.

Visual Studios 2005 ships with a bundled edition of Crystal Reports that is version 10.2.x. This is installed as part of your installation of Visual Studios.

Stand alone versions of Crystal Reports can integrate into the VS IDE and update the version of Crystal Reports being used in Visual Studios. This is version related. You've indicated that you have CR XI (v11.0), which is not compatible with VS2005. Installing CR XI Developer edition will not update the VS IDE. Crystal Reports XI R2 (v11.5) is the first stand alone version that will integrate into VS2005.

You should not install a runtime MSI and expect it to update your VS IDE. This is a violation of Crystal Reports licensing.

If you want to work with a stand alone version of Crystal Reports and VS2005 you'll need to upgrade to CR XI R2. This is a free upgrade, meaning you can download it and use your CR XI (v11.0) keycode to install it. You should be able to download it from this link: [Crystal Reports XI Release 2 - Service Pack 4 Full Build|https://smpdl.sap-ag.de/~sapidp/012002523100011802732008E/crxir2_sp4_full_build.exe]. This assumes you have a CR XI Developer edition keycode.

You'll want to uninstall CR XI, repair VS2005, and then install CR XI R2.

For deployment information you can review the [Crystal Reports for Visual Studio .NET Runtime Distribution - Versions 9.1 to 12.0 Wiki|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/wiki?path=/display/bobj/crystalReportsforVisualStudio.NETRuntimeDistribution-Versions9.1to12.0].

This should get you back on track.

Sincerely,

Dan Kelleher

Answers (0)