cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Reports - what OLE DB provider do I select?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

One of our users recently switched from a Windows 7 computer to a Windows 10 computer. On the Windows 7 computer she was running Crystal Reports 2013 fine. However, on the Windows 10 computer Crystal Reports 2013 gets a pop-up asking for the OLE DB provider when trying to open files.

I don't know anything about databases and CR, so... is there a way to check the CR settings on the Windows 7 computer so that I can match them up on the Windows 10 computer? Could there be some drivers missing too? Any help would be appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

What ever Database you are using you need to instlal their Client and then set the report to use the same client.

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

How do I find out what database is being used? I don't have much experience with CR 2013 or databases.

I have a working install of CR 2013 on the Windows 7 computer, is there a way I can check the settings on it so I can clone that on the Windows 10 computer?

Former Member
0 Kudos

So I think I found the properties of the file. From the attached screenshot, what OLE DB provider should I be choosing?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Resolved. I installed Microsoft ACE OLEDB 16 (Microsoft Access Database Engine 2016 Redistributable) using the command line C:\Downloads\AccessDatabaseEngine.exe /quiet since the computer has Office 365 installed. The CR work file opened automatically without have to go through selecting the OLE DB provider.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Resolved. I installed Microsoft ACE OLEDB 16 (Microsoft Access Database Engine 2016 Redistributable) using the command line C:\Downloads\AccessDatabaseEngine.exe /quiet since the computer has Office 365 installed. The CR work file opened automatically without have to go through selecting the OLE DB provider.

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi SL,

If you're reporting against a SQL Server database, you'd need to install SQL Server Native Client Driver on the Windows 10 machine.

-Abhilash

Former Member
0 Kudos

How do I find out what database is being used? I don't have much experience with CR 2013 or databases.

I have a working install of CR 2013 on the Windows 7 computer, is there a way I can check the settings on it so I can clone that on the Windows 10 computer?

Former Member
0 Kudos

So I think I found the properties of the file. From the attached screenshot, what OLE DB provider should I be choosing?