cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Reports(Support Pack 14) RunCustomToolGeneration Problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

i have recently installed support pack 14, so when i do some design changes in my crystal report, its .cs file went empty automatically.

how can i resolve this issue, neither RunCustomToolGeneration is working to regenerate its .cs file

looking forward for opinions / suggestions.

Thanks, Have a good day.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

What version of Visual Studio are you using?

What is "RunCustomToolGeneration"?

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sir,

Thanks for your reply.

I am using Visual Studio 2013 Ultimate (update 4), also i have installed executable named "CRforVS_13_0_14.exe".

Actually i made a report in Visual Studio 2008 which is working perfectly fine, but since i have to update my software to Visual Studio 2013 therefore i transferred all my code and reports and open project using VS-2013, now when i do some changes in report and rebuild my Project/Solution from VS-2013 it empties my report1.cs file.

Also when i pasted my report.rpt file in VS-2013, it created two .cs files namely 'report.cs' and 'report1.cs', where in report1.cs was empty file and report.cs contains code but was detached from report.rpt file. Therefore i deleted both .cs files, right clicked on report.rpt file and selected 'Run Custom Tool'.

By doing this, a new .cs file gets generated but remain empty with no code in it.

As for now, i am using work around i.e i copy code from Visual Studio 2008 report.cs file and paste in Visual Studio 2013 report1.cs file and then rebuild it, resulting in no compile time error.

0 Kudos

Hi Moh,

Odd, I've never heard of that happening before. Are you using Team foundation?

Possibly the problem is the original files is marked as read only so that tool can't over-write the original....

I don't believe this is a CR issue, something VS 2013 is doing....

Try deleting the report from the project and then add it back in using the Add Existing... function off the project properties...

Don

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

To add to Don'r input.

Make sure CR 10.5 (bundled with VS 2008) is not installed on the dev computer where you have CRVS.

Uninstall CRVS.

Do a repair on VS 2013.

Reinstall CRVS.

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow me on Twitter

Answers (0)