cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Reports Server 2008 on Windows 2003 Server

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have Crystal Reports Server 2008 installed on Windows 2003 Server. Pretty standard install.

On the same Windows 2003 Server, we have IIS setup to host some other sites (data.mycompany.com, intranet.mycompany.com). Now since Crystal Reports Server 2008 is running through Apache Tomcat 5.5.20 that is installed with Crystal Reports Server 2008. I need to setup something like reports.mycompany.com for reporting server. Since it is not in IIS and it does not seem that this install of Tomcat allows you to set this up to point to reports.mycompany.com. I need some feedback on how to set this up.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Shannon,

I recommend to post this query to the [BusinessObjects Enterprise Administration|; forum.

This forum is dedicated to topics related to administration and configuration of BusinessObjects Enterprise, BusinessObjects Edge, and Crystal Reports Server.

It is monitored by qualified technicians and you will get a faster response there.

Also, all BOE Administration queries remain in one place and thus can be easily searched in one place.

Best regards,

Falk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Falk

Thanks for the advice on posting. I have actually reposted here BusinessObjects Enterprise Administration forum.

Sebastian

Thanks for the post on the DNS part. I am fimilair with running one webserver on a server but two not so much. Last version was on IIS as well so that was easy change. It aybe as simple as you say with DNS. I reposted to above forums since it may better suit this question.

Regards

Shannon

Edited by: SHANNON WEBB on Jun 29, 2009 6:38 PM

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hello Shannon,

i know some Customer they do that via their DNS. They have a DNS entry like "reporting.mycompany.com" which is pointing to "http://SERVER:8080/InfoViewApp/"

Ask you DNS/WindowsAD Team if this is possible in your Company.

Regards

-Seb.