cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Reports: "maximum report processing job limit"

Demacom
Explorer

I'm getting the error "maximum report processing job limit" in a Visual Studio .Net MVC web application published in IIS on a Windows server.

Already follow the suggestions in https://community.sap.com/t5/technology-blogs-by-members/what-exactly-is-maximum-report-processing-j... but it still happens.

Also tryed to restart the site every nigth (using task shceduler) but it still happens.

Can't find a solution for this. Can you help me? I'm a "Crystal Reports for Visual Studio" user since a lot of years, and I want to continue being so, but I'm afraid that I will have to change for another reporting tool.

Thanks in advance

Damian.

View Entire Topic
DonWilliams
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for the info.

What SP are you using? Go to Programs and features and look for CR for VS, last column should be the version you have installed.

OK so if it works on your DEV PC and not on Production Server you are missing a dependency likely on the Prod Server.

It could be the OS, note CR follow Microsoft's end of life and 2012 is no longer supported:

SAP Crystal Reports for Visual Studio Supported Platforms

CR for VS will have dependencies on newer OS's so possibly the framework needs updating or VS 2013 and VS 2015 C++ runtime is missing. but if that were the case it wouldn't work at all....

How are distributing the CR runtime? CR doesn't support manually copying the files, YOU MUST run the MSI packages on the Server. Too many COM and Registry entries required to attempt to manually distribute.

Use a tool to compare your dev PC to Prod and see if it finds what is missing, could be permissions maybe...

Don

Demacom
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hi Don. Thansk again.