cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Reports print Control slow printing

0 Kudos

We are using Edge BI 3.1 SP5 for Crystal reports. When a report is shown on the screen (report is complet) and you click on the print icon
it will last about 24 seconds until the printer dialog is showing up. In most cases the default printer is a network printer.

SAP support says, that's normal because of the network printer. This is not realy a satisfying answer. Our sales are complaining about the time
it needs until they can print the report..

If you configure a lokal printer as a default printer it's faster. Does anybody have a solution for this? I mean if I print on the same printer out of Winword or Excel I don't have to wait.

Thank's for any help on this.

Roland

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roland,

Is the latency observed when you try to view the report as well, means if you specify a local printer instead of default printer (network), does the report is displayed or shown faster. If that is the case then the latency is caused due to your intranet network only and needs to be troubleshoot from networking prospective.

I am suggesting this as the default behavior is:

When you view a crystal report, print control is initialized and once the printer is located, the data is formatted accordingly in the report and is displayed to the user in a browser window.

Thanks,

Anchal

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have the same problem....the CR print dialog show up very slowly....