cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Reports is not getting integrated with .Net (VS 2008) ?????

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have VS 2008 installed in my system and i ried to install Crystal Reports

it is not getting integrated with .Net (VS 2008)

i tried installing crystal reports twice

can any body suggest..............

Regards,

kathyaini

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What version of CR are you using.

Following are the supported versions for VS2008 Professional Edition :

CR 2008 SP0

CR 2008 SP1

Try uninstalling CR , delete related registry keys.

You might want check out CR integration manager for VS.

You may try using [Visual Studio Integration Manager|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/boc/index?rid=/webcontent/uuid/80b94ac6-da77-2b10-dbbc-82b0c113d999] [original link is broken];

Thanks,

Nikhil Dharme

Edited by: nikhil dharme on Jan 15, 2009 1:11 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil ,

i am looking for some help on installation of CR

i have installed VS2008 trial version , and i have installed Crystal Reports XI Release 2 trial version (downloaded from internet) following some link , CR is not getting integrated with VS i uninstalled CR once and installed again still it is not getting integrated..........

can u help me on this,

Regards,

kathyaini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi kathyaini,

Crystal Reports XI R2 is not supported with Visual Studio 2008 and the 3.0 framework.

You can use Crystal Reports 2008 Basic (version 10.5) that ships with Visual Studio 2008 or you can upgrade to full version Crystal Reports 2008 SP1 (version 12.0).

Regards

Shweta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Or you can download the trial version of CR 2008.

Sincerely,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi shweta

I am using Crystal Reports XI R2 with Visual Studio 2008 and the report viewer is able to display the report however im having problems with non integrated logon details using SQL authentication as im using SQL 2008 plus parameters not displaying there drop down values ( but this could be my dodgy code).

What do you mean they are not getting integrated with .NET VS 2008. Sorry if that sounds stupid, im quite new to Crystal with Visual Studio.

Thanks

Vishal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

actually i am using VS 2008 and i installed CR2008 trial version which is downloaded from

http://www.sap.com/solutions/sapbusinessobjects/sme/freetrials/index.epx

but after installing , if i open any of the existing reports, it is not opening it says invalid keycode(dialogue box) and if i say Yes to that dialogue box , it will open a blank report...

this is my problem..

if i create a report also it opens with a blank report nothing will be there on the report

regards,

kathyaini

0 Kudos

Can explain "how Crystal Reports is not getting integrated into visual studio"?

What are you trying to do to say it's not integrated, creat a new project, and a Add new... does Crystal Reports show up there?

And click on Help About, do you see Crystal Reports listed?

If no to all of the above then please give details what and where you are not seeing Crystal Reports or the steps to reproduce.

Thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

actually now my my problem is solved!!!

i have VS 2008 installed, and i installed CR XI Designer so it was not getting integrated inthe sense i couldn't see the report , cant open the report

and then i uninstalled it and installed 2008 , (this solution was given by swetha) then it got integrated

Thank you!

kathyaini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

As suggested by Shweta and Amit, CR XI R2 is not supported with VS 2008. By 'not integrated with Visual Studio' we mean that the runtimes of CR XI R2 (11.5.x.x) may not be available by default in the Visual Studio | Add References. You would need to manually add them in the project; whici is not recommended.

Even if you are able to see the report in Visual Studio, the references included maybe of version 10.5 (CR Basic for Visual Studio 2008). You will see same entry in the Help | About of Visual Studio 2008.

It would always be recommended to get to the latest CR 2008 SP1. To give it a try, please refer to the link already provided in this thread.

For connectivity to SQL Server 2008, you can refer to the following thread -

Regards,

Ranjeet.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shweta, Hi Amit

thankyou for your reply

can any body kindly tell me the link to download the CR 2008

i was searching for that but i could not find it

Regards,

kathyaini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Trial versions can be downloaded from here:

[http://www.businessobjects.com/product/freetrials.asp]

Regards,

Shweta

Former Member
0 Kudos

very much thankful to u shweta

hope this will solve my problem

regards,

kathyaini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What version of CR you are trying to integrate with VS?

Also what is the edition of VS like express, professional etc.

Sincerely,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi kathyaini,

From control panel ->Add and remove programs ->

try to change /repair Visual studio and while selecting component select Crystal reports.

Regards,

Shweta