cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Reports for .Net 2.0, Export and Print are functioning properly

Former Member
0 Kudos
42

Hi,

I'm using the VS2005 to develop a web reporting tool. When I try to export or print the report on my PC(IIS 5.0, IE6.0), it's working fine and I'm able to export in all the formats.

I tried to run the same on another machine, Export and Print fails.

The export dialog pops up and when I click "Ok" after selecting the format (Excel or Word or any format); instead of showing the "Open, Save or Cancel" dialog, its showing the report html page in the pop-up window.

Same happens with "Print", the print dialog pops-up, and once I press "Ok", the report html page is displayed.

This machine has both "Crystal Reports for .Net 2.0" and "Crystal Reports Basic for Visual Studio 2008" installed in it.

Please let me know how to resolve this issue.

Regards,

Shyamala

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What's the version of the CR assembly crystaldecisions.crystalreports.engine.dll referenced in your project?

Ludek

Follow us on Twitter http://twitter.com/SAPCRNetSup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ludek,

Version is 10.2.3600.0 .

-Shyamala

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shyamala:

I suspect you are working with a custom web site? If that is the case, copy the aspen_client folder (<installation directory>:\Inetpub\wwwroot\aspnet_client) and all of itu2019s subfolders to the physical root directory of the custom web site.

Once you have done the above, if it still does not work, is the issue on a client computer, or do you also get it on the server?

Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ludek,

Sorry for the late response, was in training.

My website's virtual folder is located under "C:\Inetpub\wwwroot". Should I still copy the aspnet_client folder to the virtual folder?

Also the problem appears on a particular machine alone. I tried to install the website on a different machine, it was working fine.

This problem appears in both client and server.

Regards,

Shyamala

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok. Couple of things to try:

1) Compare your website's virtual folder between the server that works and the one that does not work

2) Use [Process Monitor|http://technet.microsoft.com/en-ca/sysinternals/bb896645.aspx] and look for the messages "File not found" and "Access denied".

Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ludek,

I compared the virtual folder, there's no change in it.

I got a "Name not found" error for CrystalImageHandler.aspx in the "Process Monitor".

<event>

<ProcessIndex>198</ProcessIndex>

<Time_of_Day>11:12:17.0823269 AM</Time_of_Day>

<Process_Name>aspnet_wp.exe</Process_Name>

<PID>4168</PID>

<Operation>CreateFile</Operation>

<Path>C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\MyWebSite\CrystalImageHandler.aspx</Path>

<Result>NAME NOT FOUND</Result>

<Detail>Desired Access: Generic Read, Disposition: Open, Options: Synchronous IO Non-Alert, Non-Directory File, Attributes: N, ShareMode: Read, Write, Delete, AllocationSize: n/a, Impersonating: GE87LTGT6KG4J\Shyamala</Detail>

</event>

Also we used an HTTP debugger to see the difference between the site that's working fine and the one that's not. In the one that's working as soon as the format is selected for the export and clicked "Ok", the following HTTP reqests are generated.

telemetry.urs.microsoft.com:443

/MyWebSite/CrystalReportsPage.aspx

.urs.microsoft.com:443

Whereas in the faulty one the requests generated are as follows.

/MyWebSite/CrystalReportsPage.aspx

/MyWebSite/Images/xyz.png

...

/aspnet_client/system_web/2_0_50727/CrystalReportWebFormViewer3/images/toolbar/export.gif

...

//MyWebSite/CrystalImageHandler.aspx?dynamicimage=cr_tmp_image_01456_c691_479d_ a2bt_9dfjg3287.png

The web.config file has a reference to

<add verb="GET" path="CrystalImageHandler.aspx" type="CrystalDecisions.Web.CrystalImageHandler, CrystalDecisions.Web, Version=10.2.3600.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692fbea5521e1304"/>

and the CrystalDecisions.Web.dll with version 10.2.3600.0 and version 10.5.3700.0 is installed in the assembly.

-Shyamala

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Iu2019m assuming that the website has been installed on a Windows XP machine or a machine running IIS5. Iu2019m basing this on the eventlog entry for the process u201Caspnet_wp.exeu201D. If it was IIS6 then I would expect the process to be u201Cw3wp.exeu201D.

You also appear to be impersonating. Try running the website under the Local System account. If its IIS6, then do this in the App Pool properties. If its IIS 5 (like I suspect) do this in the machine.config for the 2.0 framework.

Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ludek,

Thank you. The problem is solved. Change the impersonation in machine.config and restarted the WWW service and it worked.

Thanks again.

P.S. Your assumption is correct, I'm using IIS 5.

Regards,

Shyamala

Answers (0)